Chapter 18: Making A Choice With No Regrets

Note: This is going to be one of the most intense or heartfelt chapters that I'm going to write so be prepared because you guys already know what's going to happen :')

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi's POV.

No.

My body hurts so much. As I limply walked to the edge of the Wall, I see that bastard talking to the love of my life.

No...

The beast cart titan opened its mouth to him. My grip of the handle of the sword tightened that my knuckles are going to break. My breath became so heavy that made me loose my mind. My teeth gritted so hard that my skull is going to break. My eyes show no more mercy. Smoke emitted around me as I had enough of his shit.

Stay away from him!!

I slid down the Wall and grappled on the houses as fast as I can. A few more houses left and I can reach him. But right as I grappled on the roof, they ran away.

"Damn it!" I said then turned to Eren. I want to ask if he's okay but my mind is blinded by rage and anger and instead asked directly, "That was the last if my gas. I'll chase him. Hand over your gas and blades now!" He hurriedly started to detach his gear but something caught his attention. "Eren! Hurry!" I pressured him but he didn't move an inch. There was a noise then he instantly crawled to a...burnt human?

"Armin!"

My eyes widened as that name hit me. "A-Armin...?" I uttered out as Eren kept on shouting to him. I heard a zip noise then someone landed on the roof. I didn't even bother to look to see who the person behind me because I already know by the sound of a gasp.

"Come on! Just keep on breathing!" Eren continued to shout at Armin while I just stood there, feeling remorse for them. But now's not the time. I need to catch those bastards who ran a away.

"Er-"

"Levi! Get the Syringe!" I flinched at the tone of his voice. I dropped the idea of catching up with those bastards and instead followed what Eren told me to do. I pulled out the small black box that I kept with me. "Make Armin into a titan and we'll have him eat Bertolt!" My eyes narrowed as my mind kept telling me otherwise.

Should I really give it to Armin? But Erwin... He might still be...

"Levi, please hurry!"

I don't want to betray Eren's wishes but...

"Hurry up and inject him!"

I breathe heavily as I slowly but hesitantly gave Eren the box. But right as I was going to let go of the box, someone called out to me.

"Captain Levi... I finally found you."

My eyes widened as time seemed to stop for a quarter of a second. "Commander Erwin is badly wounded!" From the corner if my eye, I saw Eren looked at me. My gaze was just fixated on the cadet with Erwin behind him. I hesitantly looked at Eren. His eyes show hurt and betrayal. My body froze for a second but regained it back, quickly pulled the box out of Eren's grasp and hugged it close to my chest.

"Levi?" Eren called out to me but I looked away. I didn't dare to look at him. I quickly went to grab Erwin from behind the cadet's back and carefully laid him down on the roof. He looked so peaceful yet pitiful when I saw the bandage on the left side of his body covered with blood. I raised my hand on his nose and I felt a faint breeze of air come out.