Ch. 9 Cavalry Battle...

'W-what happened? I can't remember the last event at all. The last thing I remember was the purple haired boy.'

I look around and see Lavender boy with an annoyed expression.

"Um, hey could you tell me what happened after Midnight announced the race?"

He looked over at me with the same expression. "I used my quirk on you thinking you'd help me get through the race but I come to find out you're quirkless..."

He mumbled the last bit but I understood what he meant. The jerk used me to get passed the first round and then claimed I had no quirk.

I scrunched my face at him and them started mumbling curses to myself.

"Y/n-"

"What!?" I answered aggressively out of instinct.

"Geez! I just wanted to say congrats on finishing the race. I was surprised seeing you so far behind tho," It was just Kendo congratulating me.

"Wait what place did I finish in?"

"Oh uh 28th right behind that insomniac looking guy,"

"What!? I was trying to finish in top ten but that guy had to screw it up and now no one is gonna think I'm good enough to be here," I sulked while clinging onto Kendo.

"Hey, it's alright dork. There's always the next round. You can prove it to them then!" She looked at me and smiled brightly.

"Yeah!" I laughed and gave her a fist pump.

"Again with this?" Nieto mumbles from across the field.

• • •

I

decided to pair up with Kendo and her classmates since everyone else already had themselves figured out.

"Let's win this!" The group chanted as the game began.

I was set up top the group with Kendo being my front defense. We ran around grabbing point left and right as I copied quirks and may also have tricked some people.

We watched as Bakugo leaped into the air and follow suit. I tapped Tsu on my way over and leaped towards Bakugo snatching one of his bands in the process.

He was a bit distracted in the moment with my brother that it seemed that I might've been able to get away freely....that is until my brother decided to point me out.

"Wow class 1-A sucks so bad that they don't even notice when an opponent is right behind them!" He shouted while cackling.

"Dammit Nieto! Just shut up for once!" I yelled as I hurried back to Kendo.

"We have to go! Now!"

"You got the points right?"

"It's only 530, I just picked one at random but I think can probably get some points from your friend Tetsu," I urged as we began to run.

'Please don't come after us! Please don't come after us'  I repeated in my head out of panic.

As I thought we were finally doing okay I see Kiri and his group running up beside us which means Katsuki isn't far behind.

I immediately slap Kirishima's arm and hurriedly activate his quirk. As soon as I do so Bakugo attempts to blast me.

"First your brother now you? You copycats are pissing me off!" He yells as he starts blasting at us.

"Sorry Katsuki but I'm trying to prove myself and I'm not about to lose now. I've trained everyday just to be here so I don't have time for this. KENDO!" I shout.

On que Kendo uses her quirk and swats Bakugo and his team away.

For the remainder of the game we spent our time dodging everyone but at the last minute the purple boy from earlier stole one of our band which placed him in forth.

"NO! We were so close!" I began to tear up as I watch lavender boy walk away with a smug look on his face.

• • •

We were now allowed to take a break so that they could get ready for the next event.

I was sitting in the break room with the other girls when Kaminari and Mineta walked in. They seemed to be giggling about something but I brushed it off.

"Hey, um Mr. Aizawa said that the girls in our class had to participate in the cheer event to represent owr class," Mineta spoke.

"Really? I didn't hear about any of this," Momo replied.

"Well this coming straight from our teacher but hey you don't have to listen to me." Mineta stated as a matter fact.

Momo thought about it before deciding to take his word. As the boys left she began to make our uniforms. After we all got dressed  we went onto the field and  began to cheer.

I felt a bit uncomfortable since the skirt was so short so I ended up standing behind Momo.

"Huh...looks like the girls of 1-A are showing their school spirit..." Present Mic spoke over the speaker

....

We were tricked by the perverts.

All the girls were incredibly upset with Kaminari and Mineta. Although, Hakagure seemed to be okay with the entire situation.

I quickly got away from the scene and went to go change immediately. On my was out I saw Bakugo leaning against one of the walls beside an entrance. He looked focused on something.

"Hey Baku-!" As I called for him he immediately covered my mouth.

"Shut up you idiot!" He whisper yelled. I was confused on what was going on until heard Deku and Todoroki speak.

"Look I don't care that your relationship with All Might is, just know I will overpass you." Todoroki stated.

He sounded upset, almost angry even. I'm not sure what happened before I got here but I bought it was anything cheerful.

I look over at Bakugo and see that he is also listening. I then realize he still has his hand over my mouth.

I tap his arm in order to get his attention. He looked down at me and I pointed to his hand. He said nothing then moved his hand and looked away from me.

"What happened between Deku and Todoroki?" I whispered.

"... Nothing, I'm just gonna end up kicking both their asses," Katsuki stated.

"You really think you can take both of them on?"

"OF COURSE I DO YOU YOU IDIOT! ARE YOU UNDERESTIMATING ME!?" He shouted.

I was shocked for a second then started to laugh at his loudness "I was just a question," I continued to laugh.

He just glared at me and rolled his eye. "Tch, just shut up already. Geez you're annoying..."

Word count: 1073