Ch. 12. Next Round

Once I finally got to Ochaco I could tell that she wasn't doing so hot.

"Ochaco, you okay?" I asked as I sat down beside her.

She let out a forced laugh. "Yeah, of course I am. Just a little tired y'know..."

I looked at her with worry in my eyes. I could tell that the fight was bothering her but I didn't want to push her about it. Everyone has there own way of dealing with things and maybe she just doesn't need me there right now.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a sniffle from the brunette. "Ochaco?"

"I'm sorry...I just really thought that I could prove myself out there. I tried so hard to win and it was all for nothing." She spoke through her tears.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her. "Ochaco, you did amazing out there and I'm sure that the people that saw you fighting out there think so too. You held off against one of the strongest people in our class. I don't even think I could do that no matter how hard I tried." She smiled at my response.

"Thanks Y/N that really helped." She laughed softly.

"I'm glad. Anyway I'll leave you here. I need to get ready to go against Iida. That guy is a bundle of surprises."

She nodded and I went on to my waiting room. Whose quirk am I supposed to use against him, he's too fast for me to try and use close ranged attacks but who do I know that uses long range. "Ugh this is so difficult!"

"Y/N?" The voice scared me a little before I turned around.

"Oh thank goodness. It's just you Deku." I sighed.

"Just me?" He sounded a bit offended.

"Oh it's just people have been sneaking up on me all day so I've been a bit on edge." I laughed. "So what brings you here?"

"Well I'm getting ready for my fight with Todoroki." As he spoke his voice got serious. I then remember Him and Todo having a conversation earlier.

"Then I wish you luck, Deku. I'll be rooting for you." I smiled.

Deku smiled with a determined look on his face and nodded.

"DEKU FOR THE WIN." I shouted. He laughed and I soon after laughed with him.

I then left the room. After Deku has his fight I have to go soon after him. I don't really want to watch the matches because they'll just make me more anxious but I still want to cheer on my friends. I guess I can just go back to the seating area.

I continue down the halls and make it to the arena before sitting down in the back as I watch Roki and Deku step onto the platform. I have a feeling this fight is gonna be brutal.

"The hell are you mopping about?" Boom boom boy spoke.

"I'm just worried is all. Roki seemed pretty pissed off earlier and Deku seemed really determined about this fight." I explained.

"Well that damn nerd better not go easy on that half and half bastard."

I paused and mumbled. "Why are you so vulgar?"

"What did you say dumbass?"

"Nothing." I replied quickly before looking at the stadium.

There was a moment of silence before Bakugo spoke up again. "Don't worry about the nerd so much. He'll find some way to go too far but it's not like you can do anything to change that. As for half and half, I'd watch out for him the most. That piece of shit is strong." He mumbled the last bit.

I let out a joking gasp. "Did the Katsuki Bakugo just compliment another person's strength. Character development?"

"Shut the hell up dumbass!" He yelled. Boom boom boy has quite the temper. As I continue talking to Bakugo I soon feel a wave of heat.

I immediately look at the platform and see that Todoroki's entire left side is on fire. "Wow, this is the first time I've seen him use that side. What did Deku say to him?!"

"Now we're talking." The blonde beside me spoke with a grin on his face.

"Does that not look dangerous to you?" I questioned his mentality.

"Who gives a damn. If Todoroki wins that means I'll have a chance to go against him."

"Well that's if you win your next matches." I say under my breath.

"Are you underestimating me!?"

"No, but you just underestimated all the other opponents..."

"Tch, whatever." I roll my eyes at his childish behavior.

• • •

The fight was soon over, Todoroki won of course but Deku ended up in the nurses office. I stopped by to visit him but I couldn't stay for long since my fight was next.

I can't let myself lose. Iida might be fast but I have the advantage, I know all about his quirk but he doesn't know what I'll be using.

I soon arrive at the platform ready to face my opponent. "Don't go easy on me, Sonic!"

"Wasn't planning on it!" As the battle gets ready I see Iida take a running stance.

Once Mic announces for us to begin I see Iida bolt towards me before he gets to me I immediately activate Ochaco's quirk onto myself to get out of the way.

"I see, so you chose the safe approach by deciding it would be best to evade," Iida points out. "Although I think you underestimated my ability!"

I soon watch as Iida uses his engines to boost him into the air directly in front of me. I leave to think quickly so I instantly deactivate my quick to send myself to the ground.

"You can't dance around forever, you may have forgotten but Ovhaco gets quite sick when she uses too much of her power." He says from above me.

'I'm well aware but you can stay in the air for too much longer and once you land I can make you weightless with just one touch. Then all I have to do is toss you out of bounds.,"

"That is if you can catch me." Once he finished his sentence I saw him hurling towards me with more speed than I've ever seen him use before.

"Wait! IIDA YOUR GONNA CRASH!!" I screamed and with that we were tumbling across the platform and before I knew it I was out of bounds.

"I'm sorry if I injured you but I couldn't risk losing this fight. I must continue on with the tournament. I hope you'll understand." I groan in pain as I hear Iida speak from beside me while offering his hand.

I roll over and let out a sigh. "You don't have to explain yourself Iida, this is a tournament after all. Everyone is here to win, you were just better at that than me." I take his hand as he pulls me up. "I'll beat you next time though."

He smiles "I'll hold you to that, (Y/N). I let go of his hand and made my way to the infirmary. I wasn't badly hurt on the outside at least but I do think I bruised my back.

"I was really hoping I'd win that. I guess I really overestimated my abilities ." I mumble to myself as I walk down the halls, holding back any pain felt.

Author here, surprise I'm not dead I just took a break for a while because I kinda fell out of anime but I got back into it so here you go.