Chapter 20: Birth of the Rebellion

The ships kept coming for at least an hour, reaching a total of 58 in the end. The people on the Ghost was still watching with hope and confidence rising to unprecedented levels.

Finally, when all the ships arrived, a communication arrived from Senator Organa, which was directed to the Constantinople as well.

The hologram of the Senator and King of Alderaan appeared on the control panel of the cockpit.

"Nice speech, Senator Mothma." he complimented cordially. "Now let's make sure we can give a meaning to those words."

"Indeed, Senator Organa." Mothma replied firmly before turning to the siblings on her right. "Bridgers, we would like for you to be present at the meeting as well." she said kindly.

The siblings looked at each other with a bit of hesitation.

"Us? Why?" Ezra asked.

"Because all of this wouldn't have been possible without you." Mothma replied with a smile, waving a hand toward the tens of ships outside the cockpit.

All the gazes went to them, particularly Hera and Jordan looked at them with a large smile.

"Ma'am, we only fought the Empire. We didn't call all of this people." Jaral commented, still not understanding.

"My friends," Organa intervened kindly. "while your victories are always a source of joy for all of us, the greatest gift you gave the galaxy was your speech, two years ago."

The siblings were taken aback. They almost forgot that speech they did through Lothal's comm tower.

"That speech that slowly made its way even to the planets of the Core like mine gave the galaxy hope. The hope that we can fight and win against the rule of the Emperor." Mothma insisted.

"Precisely." Hera said, rising from her chair and going in front of them with a proud smile. "True, it took some time, but you guys started something that led us to what we're seeing today."

The siblings looked at each other and chuckled lightly.

"Then I guess we can't refuse." Ezra joked.

"Captain Bridger," Organa said to Jordan after the kids agreed. "We would also like fo the representatives of the Imperial Federation to participate."

"Lady T'Neri and her staff will be there, and me with them."

"Marvelous. See you on the surface, friends." Organa and Jordan closed the transmission.

"All right, kids. Take the Phantom II and bring the Senator and Mr. Semaj to the surface."

The siblings compelled. A couple of minutes later, the four of them were aboard the shuttle and heading down toward the established coordinates on the planet. They were quickly followed by one of the Kodiaks of the Constantinople and shuttles coming from the other ships.

The place designated for the meeting was a ruin. A palace that seemed to be a once elaborate and important place, but it seemed abandoned from thousands of years.

Yet, Ezra could feel a strange feeling coming from that place.

"This place...it resonates with the Force." he commented as they touched down.

"I feel it too." Jaral added, then turned to the passengers. "Senator, what is this place?"

Mon Mothma stood up from her seat and walked into the cockpit.