No money

The waitress collected the token that the handsome man handed to her, it was not sleek, it was not a card.

"Sir, what am I to do with this?" She asked, fiddling with the token. She had seen it somewhere before, she was sure, however, she couldn't for some reason remember where.

Raizel looked at her in some confusion in his depths, "To pay for the meal" He helpfully supplied.

"How can this pay for the meal? We collect only credits or spirit stones." The waitress replied in neither servile nor an overbearing tone. She still had a professional smile on her face.

"This is the VIP token of the Tianling Pavilion." There, he has said it. This was the first time he had to personally introduce his token. It was a bit...

However the waitress did not relent, rather than her anger abating, it finally showed on her face.

She looked at his costume and a frown finally showing on her face. Although she was reluctant to scold him, it was not every day that she saw such a fine man in the restaurant but she needed her salary for the month. She was stuck in her current cultivation level and she needed spirit stones.

"Sir, please be serious. The police station is just 2 blocks away. If you cannot pay we will have no choice but to send you there."

Another new word. Raizel was getting irritated, should he release his aura? He had never encountered this before. Was this something other people experience daily.

Of course not. How many people would go to eat without bringing money? That stingy old abbot was one for sure.

The waitress felt the air around the customer getting dangerous and she picked up her phone. "Please pay up or I will call the police."

Raizel's eyes widened, the function of that thin box is for communication? Then the police should be a kind of city guards? No considering the fear on some customers face they should be more important.

Another problem was how he was doing to meditate on the situation; Luca was an expert in doing that. He tried to remember what his friend would do.

"Let me see that" A man came towards them. Raizel noticed that he had been staring at them since he brought out the token. No, most likely, he had been staring at the token. He was wearing a pair of spectacles and holding a briefcase. He looked very refined.

The surrounding people moved their gazes to the man and their voices increased in frequency. It turns out that the man, Mr Paul was a collector who owns an antique store that sells all kinds of things and it seemed like he had a bad reputation.

Paul flipped over the token and inspected it carefully. After a while, he let out a sigh. All the signs told that this token was authentic but Paul knew it was a counterfeit.

After over 300 years, there was no dirt, no signs of the passage of time. The forger had immense skills. It was not the work of a machine but human hands.

"Young man, What about I give you 2000 credits for this token? Even though it looks pretty, it is still fake after all." Paul said.

Immense happiness rising up from within him. He made sure not to let it show, only displaying conflicted and hesitant expressions, like he did not want to buy it.

Counterfeit artefacts have ranking systems. The lowest level would be the mass-produced fake goods in the market that an amateur could tell apart.

Paul was not an amateur, he knew that a trip to Sein city with the token would get him at least 50,000 credits. If he meets a naive young master, he could get 100,000 credits or more. Wasn't it a great deal? He will be making a buck load of profit for almost nothing in return.