Fishing

Raizel controlled the boat as it moved farther from the shore. He continued until he reached a place where the boats around were very scarce.

He watched Nathan shiver again before he stopped. He was told earlier that they would be heading into the remote area.

Nathan seemed to understand Raizel's gaze as he rubbed his forearm. "I did not know that it was this far."

"Idiot." A voice called from the side without looking up. Austin was preparing the baits for the Hartil fishes. Raizel could never understand how Austin could insult people with such a kind voice.

Nathan was not bothered, he then took a casual look at the bait in Austin's hands. It was the guts of the black ocean rat. The black forest rat was a tier-1 demon beast that lived around the shore of the Harton Forest and it was the favourite meal of the Hartil Fish. Not only that, the blood of the black ocean rat would attract different fishes.

"Can you prepare it more neatly? Which fish would even want to hear that mess?"

Austin played and took several deep breaths, "You might not even end up eating the fish, what are you concerned about?"

Raizel heard the gritting of Nathan's teeth and sighed. Austin was right if a baby Hartil fish did not bite the bait, There was nothing they could do. The spiritual energy in the adult fish would make Nathan explode after a bite. However, such was not the problem of two 

 "Nathan, Where are your protective talismans? Start preparing your cooking station. Austin handed me a fishing rod." His low voice was authoritative as he casually dished orders.

The two young men in the boat moved without thinking. Austin handed Raizel, the fishing equipment and the prepared bait. 

Nathan put the small box he always carried in front of him and started pulling out different kinds of pots and pans, a grilled rack, a cooking stove and all kinds of bottled spices.

"Is that a spatial box?" Austin asked, a little surprised as he reexamined Nathan.

"It is not. Just a little similar." He opened another box and fresh vegetables and ingredients surrounded the station. He started to prepare the vegetable, ignoring the shock on Austin's face.

Raizel fixed a bait to the hook. It was igneous. He had always had storage rings available to him so he had not experimented with the kind of box Nathan used.

After prodding with his spiritual essence, he was amazed at the practical use of talismans. A shrinking talisman, a light talisman, the result was a storage box a mundane can use. It was very convenient.

He went to the edge of the boat, sat cross-legged and he let down the fishing rod into the water.

Austin also followed him. He gave a little space between them before he swung the fishing rod into the river. He twisted it to the left and right to get the feel. He was about to pull it up when he felt a stretch.

What?!

Austin blinked. What just happened? He did not recall putting any bait.

He stood up, took a step backwards and pulled the rod up.

Hum..Hu

The line trembled from the force. Soon, water splattered all around as a fierce beast was pulled out of the lake.

"What fish is this?"

Austin was startled. Catching a fish without using any bait… he was not sure how to feel about it.

As soon as the large fish was pulled above the water, its pupils swivelled around and spotted the people in the boat. A fierce glint flickered in its eyes, and it slowly opened its maw, revealing rows of glinting, sharp teeth.