Buying Materials

Raizel felt that even though he allowed the shopkeeper of Menschen Treasure Shop to open an account for him, he still felt more comfortable with the money in his spatial ring so he had collected the money in cash. 

He had no fear of these so-called robbers the shopkeeper talked about. Besides, it would be a slap on his face if someone could successfully steal from him even in his weakened state.

The 600,000 credits he had inside his spatial ring made him feel a whole better. It was an old feeling, that mundane money could improve his mood. Cultivators are meant to deny all mundane desire and want to seek the Dao, his master always hammered. He wondered why his master continued emphasizing it; at that time, he had no mundane desire.

He refused to think on it further, pushing it to the back of his mind as he surveyed the street before him. There were more cultivators here than downtown so many people were not crowding the road. 

Cultivators were not allowed to fly in Tempest town but they had much more speed while walking, sometimes you couldn't see a person's face as he zoomed past you. Even the vehicles were moving at the speed of sound. 

Raizel's eyes glistened, he could tell that the cars were specially equipped with small formations and arrays, which were different from the cars he saw downtown. His hands itched but he controlled himself, he just had 600,000 credits, he was really poor, he could no longer sell any of the things in his storage ring, those remaining were relics of his past plus he felt they would be much more expensive outside this city.

The shop was also different, most of them were made of wood and stone, not the brittle glass he saw downtown. He looked at one of them, Bones talisman and equipment and entered it. Raizel looked around curiously, his eyes darting to the section with rows of swords. They all looked the same. He went even closer towards the shelf.

"Good afternoon, sir. Would you like to buy the Cloud sword 7th edition? It is the latest from the Cloud Industry."

"Cloud sword 7th edition?" He asked curiously. 

Remus looked at the finely dressed man and nodded silently to himself. He has probably never used a mass-produced sword before. "Sir, please here are handmade swords, we have swords from well-known masters."

"So they are not handmade?" He asked, his eyes still on the Cloud swords. How were they produced, they were so identical, their structure, power, it was as if they were made from one mould and there are at least 200 swords on this shelf.

Remus was confused. Just as it is hard to understand an emperor's mind, it is also difficult to understand the customer's mind. "No sir, they are mass-produced. The Cloud Industry produces over 5 million swords every year".

Raizel looked at him for a while making the man fidget for a bit, "I would like to see your talismans".

Remus took him to the talisman's section. Blotts store was just an ordinary store as they had only tier-1 and a few tier-2 talismans. The only thing was there were too few battle talismans, most of them were auxiliary talismans. Light-body talisman, Soundsaver talisman, stealth talisman, speed-rush talisman, crimson-food talisman, chilling talisman, beast-taming talisman, Lunalamp talisman. Raizel's heart jerked, what is all this? 

"Sir, did you see the one you want to purchase?" The man was slowly becoming weird in his eyes.

"Are all the talismans you have?" Raizel asked him with a serious expression. 

Remus looked at him and looked at his store's talisman shelf. There were about twenty-five tier-1 talismans and eight tier-2 talismans, which was quite a lot compared to other stores. "Do you want a custom order?"