The battle and a Voicecon

An enormous figure appeared in Raizel's view. The figure was larger than any being in Terra. His entire skin was painted with green tattoos. He wore a black armour and carried a long lance.

Each step he took was oppressive and filled with murderous intent. He began to charge forward. The figure struck.

A single strike caused the void to tear. 

Across the vast sea was a smaller figure clad in faded blue robes. His white hair flew freely among the wind. Empty golden eyes blazed with power, he lifted his sword meeting the force that felt like nothing was capable of stopping it among heavens and earth.

The blue-clothed person attacked next. His long sword whistled.

A flickering azure flash appeared before the large figure. Illusory yet real. The sword beam seemed to have broken the confines of space and time carrying within it the nothingness of the void.

The large figure laughed loudly as he rose to the challenge.

Over and over again, the beginning of his fight with the Devil King played in his mind. Raizel remained sitting with his legs crossed as he digested the looping scene in his thoughts.

He had broken into the realm of Dao Transcendence amidst Battle. After the fight, he was too wounded and went to sleep. Although he had consolidated his realm, he had not yet had time to digest his battle with the Devil King.

Each time he watched the battle over again, he could understand better. His flaws, his strength and the nomological truth of the world.

Raizel opened his eyes. The corners of his eyes were red and the blood vessels around his eyes grew hotter, almost bulging. His dull brown pupils turned golden and his limbs shook.

His hands rapidly formed hand seals, the vermillion mark on his sole crept towards his stomach glowing faintly. His eyes turned back to a brown colour. Raizel got up and wiped the trail of blood at the corner of his mouth. It seems he had not recovered as much as he believed. His body was still very weak.

There was a knock on the door. The knock was first hesitant before it grew in intensity. Raizel glanced at the door, it was Austin.

He opened the door to meet the young man who smiled at him. Austin was a good seedling but he had met a better one. 

"Good morning, Raizel." Austin managed weakly. He seemed to take a few seconds before he smiled and gave a pamphlet to Raizel.

Raizel took the pamphlet from his slightly trembling hands. It was a list of events that would be held at the Hartil festival.

"Are you interested in any of them?"

Raizel looked through the list, there were contests, parties, performances, concerts and all kinds of games and trivia. It had all the makings for a vacation.

Luca had wanted them to visit Harton and relax. He would try his best to enjoy the festival for both of them.

"Is there a market?" He asked curiously.

Austin smiled even wider, "Yes, the Harton Market. It is said that all kinds of things can be found there." He came closer and whispered to Raizel, "Last year, I heard that at the Night market, someone found a supreme cultivation method there."

Raizel wanted to tell Austin that he did not need to come close, that as a cultivator he could hear him loud and clear but he ended up saying, "Let's go there first."

Austin chuckled, "Let's eat then leave."

Raizel followed him down to the hotel restaurant.

Stewed meatballs, fried chicken wings, broccoli in garlic sauce and marinated cold jellyfish paired with a bowl of cooling rock sugar white fungus and snow pear soup.