First Customer

It was morning. Just as the sky lit up, while the other parts of Tempest Town were still hidden in the darkness before dawn…

“Thud!” 

A young boy jumped down from the top of the bunk bed he shared with his younger brother and swiftly put his clothes on. All of these were done within three seconds.

At this time, most of his classmates and other residents of the town were sleeping but how could Wren dare to sleep? Even his sleep at night was not peaceful but disturbed by frightful dreams.

This young person was Wren Blake. He was about 15 years old with a slim boy and a childish face. His face was not that of a celebrity but he was still good-looking. However, those normally clear blue eyes were filled with desperation like that of a cornered wolf. 

This was one of the best days of every fifteen-year-old but it looked like it was going to be one of Wren’s worst days and yes it was because of a girl.

The girl's name was Iris. Iris was the most beautiful girl in Wren’s class. She had suitors from every year and every class.

Some people were born knowing their place, where they stand in the matters of the world and Wren was one of those people. 

His mother worked very hard just to raise him and his brother. They were not rich nor was he overly talented. He was just slightly above average. He had applied to an ordinary high school in Sein City for admission.

With the knowledge of this, leave chasing Iris, he did not even dare look twice at her. He had ignored her at every junction and yet…. he gritted his teeth …. and yet that girl had put him in such a position on the Common Entrance day.

If fatty John had not called him to tell him yesterday night, he would have thought that Iris had dug a huge pit for him. Who didn’t know that Chris Salvatore was crazy about Iris? Why did she drag him into their matter? He had not spoken a single word to her, so how on earth were they dating?

He did not even want to imagine what Chris would do to him today. He was in the middle stage of the Dao Imbibition realm and Chris was already in the Advanced stage. They were an entire small stage apart. 

If this was a normal situation, he would endure it but Wusha High School’s entrance exam was in twelve days, he could not afford to be injured, after all even if it was an ordinary high school, it was still a city high school.

“Wren, come quick and have some food!” Lily Blake called out from the kitchen as Wren tried to leave the house.

“I will eat later.” Wren said as he left the house carrying his life savings of 2000 credits. 

About an hour, Wren was getting anxious. He could not afford the protective gears of the equipment stores and the talisman stores did not have protective talismans, so it was too late to custom order one. What should he do?

“Eh! This young boy, do you want to buy a demon beast?” Old Ben asked, narrowing his eyes at the boy who has been standing in front of his store for about five minutes.

Wren shook his head, he could not afford armour, how could he afford a demon beast?

Old Ben swore, he was not even a customer, “Then shoo! You are blocking the view. What are you doing here if you don’t want to buy something?”

“I wanted to buy a talisman but…” Wren began to protest; he did not know he was blocking the old man’s store. This day was not going well.

Old Ben laughed, “Haha! I am really favoured by the heavens. Young man, did you say you want to buy a talisman?”