New House

Raizel lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling. He turned to a more comfortable position then closed his eyes. After a while, he sighed and opened them. 

It was futile, he knew. It was already morning. The sun on the horizon cast its rays upon the bed through the curtain as if reminding him to stand up and be more productive.

He tried to ignore its voice as he ignored the two persistent auras in front of his door. They had been there for at least two hours. 

He could recognize their auras, the Salvatore family, huh. He had no desire to mingle with such affairs. With that, he changed his position and continued his war with the ceiling.

An hour passed...

Those two annoying auras were still outside, however, a more annoying aura approached even faster. It was filled with blood and death. Raizel sighed and took all his time as he got up from the bed. He even remembered to straighten his bedspread and fold the covers before leaving the room.

He opened the door. The two men that came to look for him yesterday were petrified. Sheer terror and fear were in their gazes as they stared at Simon.

Simon was standing outside and seeing him smiled a little. "I came to give you the key to Oliver's store." He passed a little bronze key to Raizel, "Do you need help packing?"

Raizel looked over to ensure that it was Simon, not Peter. Was something wrong with him? When did cultivators start needing help to pack?

Simon probably misunderstood his gaze because he said, "Surely, your spatial device cannot carry everything?"

Raizel's face twisted for a bit. In fact, his spatial ring can carry this entire house and still have a lot of space remaining. But that was probably not normal. "Thank you." He managed to say before shifting a bit so Simon could enter.

Simon's gaze didn't once move to the two men that were standing beside him. This action did not make Raizel raise an eyebrow.

Some cultivators were cut off from the mundane world and was indifferent to their affairs. Others were extremely cold and disdained the mundane. However, Simon went a step further, to everyone not living in this alley, he faced them with only one face. Cold disdain. Well, it was none of his business.

Raizel followed after Simon losing the door behind him. Simon passed him a bag while he watched the talisman hanging in their showcases.

Raizel opened the bag and took out a food box with six steamed dumplings. 

"Excuse me." He said, picking one and started eating. Though he does not know how much they cost, he knew he was not going to pay Simon back for it. 

Raizel took his time to finish his breakfast not sparing a glance at the older figure who watched him. When he was done, he looked at Simon, "Take care of everything in this room. I will handle the other room."

Simon stared at Raizel, a little shocked. He didn't know whether it was because of the orders that seemed to flow naturally from his mouth, the trust he had in him not to take one of his talismans or taper with his talisman materials. 

Perhaps it was because he looked a little better than he had been since he arrived here, a far cry from the despairing youth he was last night in the Dead forest. Simon smiled and started putting the glass boxes into his spatial wristwatch.

Raizel came out of the room. The shop was clear. He looked around to ensure he was not forgetting anything. "Let's go."

****

Raizel stood in front of the one storey building. It was much larger than his house. Remembering how small the house he lived in before looked like, he gave Simon a look.