Chapter 1: New Girl In Town

"Man, I'd kill to wake up next to her every mornin'!" Mark yelled from beside Daryl. They worked together at the shop on weekends for the past few months. It was Thursday, which meant that the boys and him would get together, play some cards, drink themselves a few beers, watch some tv and then get themselves some tail. Daryl was the only one lacking in that last department though.

Daryl didn't like the meet a girl, hook up and never see her again, which was how things usually rolled here in Georgia. "I heard there's a new girl in town." Rick spoke up, he was a good friend of Daryl's and a sheriff across town. "Really? What's she like?" Mark took a sip of his beer and leaned back stretching his legs. "I haven't seen her yet." He told them. "Maybe we'll see her out tomorrow?" Tim, another one of Daryl's friends commented. 'I hope so' Daryl thought to himself.

He didn't want the movie star or model like girl. He wanted a sweet, funny, and innocent girl that was beautiful in her own way. He liked his girls with a little meat on 'em too. Georgia didn't have many nice girls, even the ones that grew up here turned into some sort of serpent, gold digger.

Daryl didn't have much money, but he had a good heart that he was willing to use. He wanted to spoil his girl and love her in every humanly way possible. His older brother, Merle, seemed to scare off the half decent girls. But, Merle wasn't around anymore. He lost his hand a few years back due to a fight over drugs. Eventually he owed someone a lot of money and they shot him dead. Right in front of everyone on the streets. Daryl missed Merle, but he was finally able to become the man he wanted to be and do what he wanted to do with Merle gone and that was starting a family.

***

Across town Madison was just settling in. She had gotten herself a small, one bedroom, run down apartment in the middle of town. What Madison noticed about Georgia was its extreme heat and humidity. She didn't mind though. It was polar opposite of her home in the west. She lived in Idaho her whole life, until she got into an argument with her parents that led them to kicking her out and leaving her to fend for herself. Being twenty three she should have been in collage with a stable job and housing system, but it never worked out.

***

The next day, Daryl got up for work at five thirty sharp. He did his morning routine and started off to work. He worked on the towns construction business. He had a side job that he worked on the weekends as a mechanic. The truth was, he had nothing better to do on the weekends than work. Pulling into the diner to get breakfast, he took his normal window seat. The waitress, Linda, who worked there since he was a baby, came over to take his order. He got coffee with pancakes, bacon, and eggs. He loved food, and any woman that could cook was a ten in his book.

Daryl continued his day of working construction. He was building the frame of a house when Tim told him it was time to go. Daryl got in his truck and started it up. He waited on Tim to get in so he could drive him home. Tim lived a few minutes from Daryl and he didn't mind picking him up and dropping him off for work. "Can we stop at Lowe's for a few minutes man? I need ta' get sum things." Daryl nodded and drove to the store.

As they scanned the isles looking for what Tim needed, a woman in the distance caught Daryl's eyes. She was thick, probably a size ten, maybe twelve. Her bust had to at least be a thirty four, or thirty six. She had wavy dirty blonde hair down to her waist. She wore a dress that went a little bit above her knees. It was navy blue with tiny light pink flowers on it. She had a pair of black flats that covered her small feet. My god was she beautiful to Daryl. He hadn't even seen her face yet and wanted to know her, talk to her.

"Hey man!" Tim snapped. "Hmm?" Daryl said looking away from the goddess woman. "I think that- who the hell you lookin' at?" Tim asked Daryl. Tim looked over where Daryl was staring. "Her man? Really? She's a little to big for me." Tim said quietly pointing to the woman Daryl was looking at. She was staring at the different paint selections. "Man, shut the hell up." Daryl growled. Tim laughed it off. "Too bad. She's probably jus' passin' through like all the others or you could've had her." Tim said and turned back to shopping. Tim was probably right, so Daryl took one last look at her beautiful curves and bare cafes and walked on.