Chapter 25: Center Of Attention

The long drive to Idaho bothered Daryl. He took as long as he could, not wanting to arrive. He didn't want to meet Brian and Miranda, Madison's parents.

Daryl knew they would look down on him as some backwoods hick, and that would upset Madison is her parents didn't like him. But he was going to try, just for her.

When they arrived in her hometown, Daryl noticed how it was a different as he thought. There were casual people around. Some one overalls and boots. Hell, he didn't notice till now, but she lived out in the country. Driving to her parent's house, Madison got a small smile plastered upon her lips. She couldn't wait to show off her boyfriend to her parents, finally.

"Don't be nervous. They'll love you." She reminded him. As they jumped out of the truck Daryl walked around and grabbed her hand for comfort and security. He could at least be attached to her and that gave him a safe feeling.

Madison didn't even knock when she got to the door. She just opened it and went inside. All the lights were off and Madison screamed in shock when a mass of people stood up and yelled 'surprise!'. She smiled and accepted the welcoming hugs.

Daryl stood quietly in the background, not wanting to interrupt her lovely moment. "Well who's this?" A woman asked. Madison quickly rushed back to Daryl to save him from her mother.

"Mom, dad... Everyone. This is Daryl my boyfriend." Madison said sweetly.

Brian eyed Daryl up and down looking for any thing suspicious. He couldn't find one spot. Daryl was a tough man... And that's when Brian realized that he was a man, not a young boy.

As the greetings continued for a good half hour Daryl was standing in the corner. Brian decided it was time to introduce himself.

"I'm Brian, Madison's father." He extended his hand to the nervous Daryl. Daryl shook his hand. "Daryl Dixon." The guy your daughters fucking.

He skipped out on that last part. That was one thing he didn't need today, a shotgun to the face running him off the property.

"She's a good girl, my daughter." Brian started and Daryl knew where this was going. "And if you hurt her," "I know. I'd do the same if anyone ever hurt her too." Daryl said cutting him off. Brian smiled. He liked Daryl.

Madison was having a blast talking with her family. Soon it was time for everyone to leave and Daryl was glad. He was sick of all the 'hello my name is...' And they 'it's nice to meet you'.

Madison went over and hugged Daryl tightly. "Let's go sit down." She pulled him over to the sofa and cuddled him. "Stop..." He warned. Daryl didn't want to be seen with Madison all over him when her dad walked into the room. He would surely break out the shotgun. Madison though, felt hurt that he didn't want to cuddle with her. Her parents didn't mind, mostly because they understood how she was feeling. It was all new and she loved him. Plus, Brian and Miranda were always cuddling and if Daryl never showed any affection, then they would think he's cold heart and Madison didn't want them to think that. She didn't want anyone to think that about him.

Madison agreed to his wish and pulled away. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable. Her parents came into the living room with hot chocolate and snacks for them.

"So Daryl, what's it like it Georgia?" Miranda asked distributing the hot chocolate. "Thanks," Daryl muttered. "It's hot, dry, a little boring if ya' ask me. I like it up here though. The snow is nice for a change." He said quietly.

"So I've heard." Miranda smiled. Madison slipped off her jacket and Brian chuckled. "Got yourself a tattoo," Madison completely forgot about them. Brian had a few himself and didn't mind them. Miranda was intrigued by them. "Oh my, that's pretty."

"I have another one." Madison lifted up her dress to show them. They complemented her and looked at Daryl. "Where do you work Daryl?" Brian asked. Madison glared at her father and Daryl's cheeks brunt.

"I uh... Work at an auto shop on the weekends, that's if they need me. I did work construction... through the week, but somethin' happened and I lost my job, well I quit actually." He explained to them. Daryl was embarrassed. Here are two highly educated people and he's just a errand boy.

"Oh yeah. Well, I wish you the best of luck with finding another job." Brian said. He didn't belittle Daryl just because he lost his job. Brian understood that not everyone can have a high paying full time career.

"Thanks." Daryl said. He still had his coat on and Madison was leaning on the couch all comfortable and cuddly. All he wanted to do was take his coat off and snuggle up next to her under the covers, but he was afraid to.

Madison sipped on her hot chocolate as her parents continued to ask Daryl a million questions. Soon Daryl started to loosen up and felt a tad bit more comfortable around Brian and Miranda.

They had pizza for dinner that night then headed off to bed. Daryl was expecting for her parents to make them sleep in separate rooms, but they didn't. Brian and Miranda went upstairs and Daryl and Madison went into her old bedroom downstairs.

As they changed into their night clothes, Daryl noticed that Madison was off. "Ya' alright?" He asked. Madison nodded and crawled into bed. Daryl slid in behind her and wrapped her up in his arms.

"So now you wanna touch me?" She scoffed at him. Daryl sat up in bed and turned her to face him. "Is this because I told ya' to stop?" He asked.

"Yes, it is. It really hurt me Daryl." Now he really felt bad. "I didn't mean to hurt ya' darlin'. I just didn't want yer' folks to get mad at me for touchin' ya'."

Madison rolled her eyes at him. That was a silly reason. "Daryl, they wouldn't have cared. I know them well enough. My mom even asked me why you don't touch me enough. Trust me, they won't care." She said cradling his face.

Daryl nodded and let out a sigh of relief. "Are ya' still mad?" Madison smirked. "No, I'm not mad." Daryl kissed her lips and lie back down. He looked around at her room. Most of her stuff still in tack from before she moved.

Daryl snickered to himself remembering how she was a virgin before they got together. Madison could hear him and rolled over looking at him curiously.

"What?" She asked. Daryl shook his head smirking. "Ain't nothin' go back to sleep." Madison gave him and odd look and lie back down. "Just wanted to know how many times ya' masturbated in here... That's all." He chuckled.

"Daryl!" She scolded and elbowed him in the ribs. "Sorry," he laughed. He kissed Madison's shoulder and and wrapped his arms around her. "Just so you know, it was zero." She whispered.

"Keep tellin' yerself that pretty girl."

*******

💚Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥