Chapter 29: Something Sweet

Madison continued to stay up all night for the rest of the week. Daryl had no idea either. While Madison was falling asleep in class, Daryl was at home sleeping so he could work all night long. Madison did what she had to do though, she didn't like sleeping without Daryl and to be honest the house scared her at night all alone. She wasn't familiar with Georgia, or the people in it, and anyone could come and rob them or try to hurt her.

Christmas was soon, less than two weeks away and Daryl was looking forward to getting his paycheck in two days. Madison even took up some jobs to get some extra cash for gifts and whatnot since school let out for her. But that didn't help her sleep schedule very much. She still stayed up all night until Daryl got home, sometimes even lover because she had to wash his clothes.

When Daryl got his first paycheck he paid his truck payments and the half of the electric bill then headed off to do some shopping. Daryl would work for another two days then have off for Christmas. They planned on going to Idaho to see Madison's parents for the holidays. Madison was happy that Daryl could have time off because she wouldn't have to stay up all night long waiting on him. But also because she would get some time with him.

Daryl went to into the next town after work so he could pick up Madison a few things for Christmas. It was early in the morning. Daryl has only ever been to the mall once or twice in his whole life, and he wasn't very familiar with it. All he knew was that he had to find Victoria's Secret. As he walked into the mall, the small crowd of people in front of him made him nervous and he didn't do well with crowds, even this small group of people made him uncomfortable. He felt like everyone was looking at him. Madison was expecting him home right about now, and she was probably worried.

Going up the escalator to the second floor Daryl searched for the store that he wanted. His heart jumped when he found it and he darted towards the entry way.

He didn't expect a red and pink room with perfume and lingerie everywhere. He's only ever seen the tag on the back of Madison's bra and this was almost too much. There were a few girls in there. Daryl was about to back down and turn around, but a woman stopped him. "Hello! Welcome to Victoria's Secret! Can I help you?" Daryl looked down and fumbled with his hands. He could see the woman staring at him through his hair that was falling in his face. He got to courage to finally speak.

"My girlfriend... Wanted to buy her something nice." He felt so stupid at the moment. The woman smiled at him though and thought it was sweet of him to come here. "I'll help you find just the thing. Anything you want in particular or are you going for her taste?" She asked dragging him through the store. "Something we'll both like." He said biting his lip.

Daryl heard the various 'awws' as he walked by women. They all thought Daryl was a sweetheart for buying his girlfriend something special, the girls envied a man like him. "Do you know her sizes?" Daryl pulled out a paper and handed it to her. "Alrighty! So here are all the panties in her size, and there's all the bras, and here are our lingerie sets and pieces." She handed Daryl a black bag to put all his items in. Madison always used to complain about how stores never made anything in her size, and now he knew that was bullshit. There were dozens of selections for her curvy, full figure.

Daryl didn't really know what to do, so the woman couldn't help but feel sorry for him and start helping.
Daryl learned the woman's name was Jen. Jen helped Daryl pick out different panties and bras for Madison. He even bought her a pink lingerie set that he couldn't wait to see her in. Jen even gave him a discount because of all the stuff he bought. He spent three hundred dollars on her, but he was perfectly fine with that because Madison deserved it.

Meanwhile back at home, Madison was going crazy because Daryl was running over an hour late. She didn't know he was out shopping for her at nine in the morning and she was worried about him. Madison hoped that he was okay, and that he wasn't out cheating. That's always the first sign right, they had to work late. She couldn't think of a place that'd he had to be at, at nine a.m.