Chapter 15: Keeping Secrets

💙If you haven't been voting on this story, please go back and vote. Thanks!

💎*Also check out my Daryl Dixon One Shot 'Steam'*

~~~~~

Madison and Daryl have a good healthy relationship. They haven't fought once, but it was bound to happen. Madison recently talked about going to school again in the fall to become a grade school teacher. She just had to pass the test and see if she qualified for a scholarship.

Daryl was working and he dropped Madison off at the community college to take her test today. Walking into the room, she noticed there wasn't many people around.

"Welcome. Please find a seat." An elderly woman said. Madison took a seat towards the back of the room. A few girls sat up front in the corner commercing get about makeup and one of the girls new boyfriends.

Madison was finally able to say that she understood how they felt. When the test started Madison answered the questions quickly. They were easy to her, grade school stuff basically.

Daryl was on the construction site since it was a Monday. He really hated his weekend job at the shop. That was time he could be spending with Madison, but instead he spent it with immature boys who were assholes most of the time.

Today wasn't so bad on the site. Tim was talking to Daryl about another card game this week. "I don't know man, last time thin's went to shit, and I wasn't even with 'er then." Daryl explained. Tim was trying to convince Daryl that they should have another one and invite Dylan, Dennis, and Mark. Daryl wouldn't budge. "I don't want those fuckin' pricks at my house." Be argued.

"Alright, chill. Jus' find some more players. Won't be too much fun with ya', me, and Rick." Daryl nodded and got back to work. People he could invite passed through his mind.

Maybe Michonne? Tyreese? Could invite Aaron, but Tim hates gay people. 'Shit' he thought. This is gonna be difficult.

Madison was finished with her test and turned it in. She stopped at the vending machine and grabbed snacks then headed to the colleges cafeteria. She used her phone and texted Daryl that she was ready to go and he could get her when he can.

A man approached Madison as she was eating. "Hi there," she looked up at his tall frame. Dark, curly hair, and deep mysterious eyes. "Hello," Madison answered. "I'm Zach. I just started here, are you new?" He asked taking a seat letting his backpack fall off to his side. "I just took a placement test to see if I qualify for a a scholarship, but I hope I'll be attending." Zach smiled at her.

He saw her from upstairs and wondered about her all day and when he seen her again in the cafeteria he just had to say hi. "I wish you the best of luck." Zach flashed his pearly whites at her. "Thanks," Madison said. Zach stood up ready to go to his next class. "So, I'll see you around?" He teased. "Yeah," Madison told him goodbye and waited for Daryl to get off work.

Meanwhile at the site Daryl was packing up his tools. "Hey Dixon!" Called one of the guys. It was Roger. He basically ran the company. "What's up?" Daryl said continuing his work. "Well, I know Merle used to do some shit back when he was still around, like cocaine and heroine. Any chance you can get me some?" He asked Daryl kindly. Daryl dropped the bag he was holding.

"What?" Daryl hated drugs. He hated drugs more than alcohol, more than he hated his father... Well maybe not that much, but pretty damn close. "Some coke. A little something to get me fucked up for a night or two." Roger was making this question humorous and didn't pick up on Daryl's anger.

"I ain't gettin' shit fer' ya'." Daryl yelled. "Whoa! Whoa! Hold up partner. If you wanna keep your job then you will get me what I want." Roger was using Daryl's job against him. It wasn't like Daryl had to do it, it's just if he didn't, then his job was gone. He'd still work at the shop though, but it wouldn't be enough to make ends meet.

Daryl was hesitant at first, but agreed nonetheless. "Fine. But I'm not buyin' the shit, ya' hear me. I need money fer' it." Roger chuckled and patted Daryl's back. "Good choice son."

Roger pulled out a hundred bucks and place it in Daryl's palm. "I expect to see it tomorrow. Use ten for gas. Have a good day." Daryl shoved the money in his pocket and walked to his truck to go get Madison.

She was waiting for him outside and finally took a deep breath when he pulled in. "Thank goodness. I was about bored out of my mind." She said hopping in the truck. Daryl grunted in response and Madison could tell that something was up. His whole tone changed.

"Daryl... Everything alright?" She asked wearily. "Mhmm," he bit his bottom lip jerking his head back. "Alright." Madison brushed his arm with her hand and focused on the scenery outside rather than Daryl's bad mood. 

Daryl drove to one of Merle's old friends house. He was some Hispanic man named Carlos, but he went by his last name, Martinez.

"Where are we going?" Madison asked when they passed the road to their house. "Gotta talk to someone really quick. One of my brothers old friend." Madison nodded and didn't question him anymore and he was thankful.

Daryl turned into Martinez's driveway. "Stay here. I'll be just a minute." He said and jumped out of the truck. He ran to the front door and knock nervously.

Martinez opened the door and smirked. "Dixon! Come on in man! Long time no see." Daryl nodded. "I gotta be quick." He said. "I need some Coke. Buddy of mine wants some. Got any around?" Daryl asked looking out the window to check on Madison. She was looking into her lap. Daryl assumed she was on her phone.

"Yeah I do. How much you want?" Daryl shrugged, "ain't fer' me. How much will a ninety bucks get me?" Daryl asked pulling out the money. Martinez did the math and put the correct amount of Coke into a ziplock bag and wrapped it in another bag.

"Here you go." Daryl and Martinez swapped their items. Daryl stuffed it into his work jacket and thanked Martinez. "And don't tell anyone 'bout this." Daryl warmed. "Got it."

Daryl hopped into the truck and started it without saying a word. "So, today I took my test and it was really easy. If I score high enough I get a scholarship."  She said.

Daryl looked over and smiled. "That's good. I hope you do get it." Daryl would like to see Madison become a teacher. She was really sweet and fun to be around and he couldn't wait to see her do something for herself that made her happy.

The rest of the night was fairly calm. They watched some tv and had dinner, but Daryl felt like shit. Not physically, but mentally. He bought drugs for somebody else. He couldn't let Madison find out or she would break up with him.

'No one wants a drug addict piece of trash.' He thought.

Daryl texted Roger a simple message saying, "I have it." And deleted it afterwards. Roger didn't respond and Daryl swore to himself that after today, he wouldn't buy drugs for anyone else again.

********
🐌I'm a lazy piece of shit that doesn't like to update for a week. Yay!

🎉🎊Anyways, I had homecoming this past Saturday and danced my ass off.

🐋🐳🐬🐙🐟🐠🐚News! My Norman Reedus Mermaid story will be out tomorrow! It's called Beneath The Waves, and I will say this right now, my cover for it sucks, so I will be taking request. Just PM them to me.

💚Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥