Chapter 37: Don't Tell

Daryl woke up the next morning and rolled over to see the bed empty. His heart jumped, and he instantly though that Madison left him. Why wouldn't she? He broke down in front of her like a pussy.  Then, he heart the sounds in the kitchen. He took a deep breath and sat up in bed. After last night, Daryl felt more free and himself with Madison, but he was still embarrassed for crying like a big baby and letting Madison see him so weak.

The footsteps coming down the hall caught his attention. "Good morning, honey." Madison was carrying two mugs of coffee in her hands. "Did you sleep okay?" She asked Daryl and set the coffees on the nightstand. "I slept al'ight." Madison got in bed next to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I'll made breakfast for us. What do you want?" She kissed his back and rubbed his shoulders. Daryl sighed contently, "I'll take whatever. Keep doin' that. Feels good." Daryl said quietly.

Madison smirked and continued to rub his shoulders. Daryl relaxed in his arms and closed his eyes, feeling Madison work her hands over the kinks in his shoulder. "Enjoying this?" She laughed when Daryl moaned. "Yeah, sweetheart. Keep goin'." Madison continued to rub his shoulders and kiss his back until she had to go make herself something to eat because her stomach was growling.

Daryl got out of bed and slipped on a pair of boxers, he headed towards the kitchen with his cup of coffee in hand and sat down at the table. Madison was over by the stove, cooking some bacon and eggs. "You want toast?" She asked. "Please," Daryl answered. Daryl picked up the weekly paper and started skimming through it. Max walked over and nudged his leg. "Hey, buddy." Daryl patted his head and rubbed him a bit. "Wanna go outside?" Daryl stood up to let Max out, who barked with joy when he got outside.

"Breakfast is done, honey!" Madison called for him. Daryl came back to the kitchen, enjoying the smell of breakfast and sat down. His plate was already in front of him. His eggs to the side, his bacon crispy, the bread was toasted perfectly. No one ever took care of Daryl the way she did. Madison was literally the 1950's housewife. She took care of Daryl, he was hers, and he took care of Madison. They were equally in this together.

"Have a seat, doll. Eat somethin'." Daryl told her. Madison was already trying to clean up the mess she made by washing dishes. Madison sighed, "alright." She made herself a plate and took a seat beside Daryl. He grabbed her hand and kissed the top of it. "Thank you, for everythin'." Madison blushed and kissed his cheek. "You're welcome." They ate their breakfast quietly, only saying a few things here and there. Daryl was excited to get back to work tomorrow. He was hoping that if they saved enough money then Madison would enjoy their financial stability and agree to having a baby right now. Daryl could only hope.

~

By the time Daryl's next pay check rolled around he was pleased to say he though they were stable. All the bills were paid and he even had an extra eight hundred in the back for emergencies. Madison's small paycheck of three hundred helped out too.

Brian and Miranda invited Daryl and Madison to come visit for the evening. Madison didn't bother getting dressed, she just stayed in her pajamas. Daryl and her drive over together, making sure that Max was inside where he was safe.

Madison walked inside and Miranda hugged her. "Hi, honey! How are you? I've missed you!" "Mom, I'm fine." Madison said laughing it all off. "Hey, Daryl!" Brian patted Daryl's shoulder as he walked inside. He went over kissing Miranda on the lips, then giving his daughter a hug. "You guys act like you haven't seen me in years!" Madison told them.

"We just missed you is all. Now come sit down, I made some cookies." Miranda nudged Madison and Daryl to the living room. Daryl held Madison's hand as they sat on the sofa. The two talk to Brian and Miranda, telling them house much they loved it up here and are so glad they made the choice to visit then stay in her home town.

By the end of the night Daryl and Madison headed home. Daryl liked having the 'family' feeling. Daryl wanted his own family and it's been a long while since they talked about it. "Hey," Daryl said while they were in bed. The lights were off and she was almost asleep. "Huh?" Madison asked rolling over slightly, her eyes still closed. "Are we ever gonna have a baby?" He couldn't help but ask her again.

"Maybe... One day." She mumbled. "I'm serious, Mads." Daryl spoke out gruffly. "Daryl! It's one in the morning. I wanna sleep." She growled to him and sat up in bed. "Why are you so hooked on wanting a baby right now? Can't you just except that I want a baby with you, but not right now. I will have a baby with you Daryl, just give me some more time. Please? It's only been two months. Just please let me have some time." Daryl didn't say anything. He understood what she was saying and he knew what she wanted. Daryl would wait for her, but it would kill him to wait so long for a family.

"I have to pee," she said and got out of bed. She went to the bathroom and shut the door, flipping the light on. Madison took a deep breath and looked down at her stomach. It wasn't too big, just small and pudgy. "Daryl's going to be so happy when he finds out that you're in there."

******
😱Madison is pregnant and lied about it to Daryl! But why?

💜Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥