十六

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Chapter 16 ━☂

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ Fighting together

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆

┊ ┊ ★⋆

┊ ◦

★⋆ ┊ . ˚

˚

Silence soon followed as the demon disappeared into his goo portal leaving behind a determined (Y/n) and a pumped-up Tanjiro, as well as a knocked-out teenage girl. 

Hearing footsteps heading their way (Y/n) quickly turned around only to slightly relax as he saw that it was none other than Kazumi. "Who was that?" Kazumi asked, pure disbelief and fear clear in his black orbs. "Kazumi-sama, can you please hold this girl for me? Can you also stay close to me and Tanjiro? The closer you are to use, the better chance you have of not dying." (Y/n) explained to him, a reassuring smile on his face contrasted to the absolute terror on Kazumi's face.

Seeing him nod his head slowly (Y/n) smile widened as he handed over the passed-out girl to Kazumi, pulling out his blade soon after as he stood next to Tanjiro. "So this demon can appear on any solid material, like a wall or ground for example. Be careful, Tanjiro." (Y/n) warned, his smile now gone and instead replaced by a stern line. 

'What (Y/n) said is right. The demon can appear in either the ground or wall and I have to be prepared for both! Though what if it can also appear from thin air? But this demon...' Seeing that Tanjiro stopped walking (Y/n) did the same and looked at him in confusion, none of his senses being able to detect any signs of unwanted being. 

'... even when it's emerged it can't hide its scent!' Tanjiro thought, closing his eyes as he began to try and smell out the demon's next move. Seeing that his friend wasn't going to continue walking any time soon (Y/n) sighed and widened his eyes, glancing around the terrain to try and detect the demon. 

"I don't see anything- Tanjiro!" Turning around to watch his friend run away with his sword raised (Y/n) frowned and tried to detect anything, only for it to prove futile. 'Water Breathing... Fifth Form!' Raising his sword in the air, Tanjiro looked down at the ground only to gasp as he saw the familiar black goo appear, though instead of seeing one demon he saw three in total.