十九

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Chapter 19 ━☂

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ Future encounters

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆

┊ ┊ ★⋆

┊ ◦

★⋆ ┊ . ˚

˚

Nightfall rolled in with a few wisps of clouds littering the sky, few of them covering the differing sizes of the twinkling stars winking from up above, both the moon and the stars beaming warmly down at the walking figure, the boy's posture rigid with his head drooped to the side, his expression glum.

Hours have passed since (Y/n) last saw Tanjiro when they parted ways to their divergent missions, and to say that he didn't miss his presence was a lie, for he genuinely longed to have a pair of friendly eyes to look up at him in content as conversation was made of fond things, but the only living being near him at the moment was Sho, but that loveable crow was too busy sleeping away his flying tiredness from traveling all those hours.

Sighing, (Y/n) glimpsed down at his comrade and smiled affectionately at Sho. Moving his hand to caress Sho's head, said crow snuggled closer to the tender hand in his sleep, this making (Y/n) silently chuckle in amusement. Looking away from the dozing crow (Y/n) recalled the discussion that he had with the ex-demon-sama who he murdered only a few hours ago with his blade. Sudden and painless, (Y/n) made sure it wasn't much discomfort to deal with for the demon-sama.

Though his words... they didn't leave his thoughts for a second after parting ways with Tanjiro and Nezuko-chan.

(Y/n) was positive that he didn't have any jealous thoughts against Tanjiro, he was certain of it. Though demon-sama had to claim otherwise, for even when his comments seemed to spew nothing but witless lies, (Y/n) found some truth in those words.

Did he truly envy his dearest friend—his only friend, now—Tanjiro?

Of course not! He thought, but the consistent measuring of himself to Tanjiro was noticeable. (Y/n) did think Tanjiro better than him. Tanjiro was faster than him and swifter with stable responses. Tanjiro also knew how to better use his keen sense with smell to detect incoming threats or anything at all better than himself.