Chapter 6

(This chapter will have a bit of angst as well, though it will focus a bit more on NejiShika or Neji x Shikamaru)

Chapter 6

Naruko P.O.V
It had only been 2 hours and 30 minutes, when I was shaken out of my sleep by someone trembling and shaking next to me. Snapping my eyes open, I sit up and my eyes dart around, trying to find what or in this case who was shaking and trembling. Looking down to the bed, I realize that it was Sasuke. He was shaking and sobs that were mostly silent were wracking his body. If I hadn't had enhanced hearing, I wouldn't of heard his almost silent sobs. Tears made tracks down his cheeks. I was saddened at the shape my darling baby had been left in. Laying back down, I pulled my love to me. Placing his head on my chest, above my heart, I ran my fingers through his hair. Letting the beat of my heart soothe him back into sleep, while I gently rubbed my other unoccupied hand on his back. I was softly cooing at him to calm him down. His sobs subsided and a gentle expression was on his face. His breathing evened out, letting me know that he was once again in the safety of the sleep, which claimed him.

Seeing him sleeping so peacefully again, made my still tired body shut down and rest to recuperate from an all night awake to plan how I would destroy that Hyūga scum for making my darling, my life think that he wasn't worth my time or love. If anything I'm the one who doesn't deserve the perfection that comes packaged in the bundle that is known as Sasuke Uchiha. He's worth more than most give him credit for and I'm the truly lucky one, the truly fortunate one, for snagging such an angel to call my own.
---------------------------
I was in my office with my kage bunshin or shadow clones doing paperwork, when the door was unceremoniously slammed open. Looking up to find who rudely opened my door, I came face to face with a crying Sasuke. Worried, concerned and most of all upset that he was once again hurt, I went up to him. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I pulled him into my embrace. Once there, I began to coo at him to calm him down enough so that he could answer me properly when I ask him what's wrong and what happened.

"Sasuke darling, are you okay? What happened? Why are you crying again? Wait don't tell me, it was that Hyūga again, wasn't it?!" I was so worried and upset, that I started firing one question after the other, not to mention that I was practically snarling. My eyes had turned into Kurama's. From sapphire blue, to blood red with a black vertical slit for a pupil. My rage must've been palpable, because I felt him shuddering in my arms. My poor baby only looked at me scared and hurt. It was then, that I realized that I had overwhelmed him with all the questions. "Awe, I'm sorry sweetheart. I didn't mean to scare, hurt, or overwhelm you." I said sadly, while running my hand up and down his back to soothe him. By this point, my anger had receded. The only thing left was a tightening in my chest, as my heart squeezed in a vice grip of seeing him so scared of me. "It's just, seeing you come in looking so sad and hurt made me worry. I care so much about you, that I can't bear to see you cry or get hurt. Please forgive me." Tears of pain ran down my cheeks to my chin and I felt so awful, because for once, I was the reason that my love was wearing that pain filled face. Along with the with the feeling of fright which he had so clearly shown.

"It's okay, Naru. I forgive you, so please don't cry. Seeing you cry hurts me more than the words of others ever could." He said to me, after he had regained some of his bearings. Hearing him say that only made me hug him that much tighter. He means the world to me and I love him.

We had just gotten up from crouching on the floor, because when he ran in into my office he fell on all fours on the floor and I had gone up to him and crouched down to hug and coddle him. We were about to go sit down on the small sofa in the office, when in came 2 people I seriously did not want to see. Especially not after the way my love reacted upon seeing one of them. When he saw her, he started to shake and tremble all over again. His tears which I had managed to soothe and stop, started to fill his eyes once again. Seeing him like that made the revenge that I had planned for her all the more sweeter. At least for us, because for her it was going to be anything, but sweet.