Chapter 7

Chapter 7
(Sorry about the really late update. The internet connection was cut off and it won't be back until later on in the month.)

Third Person P.O.V
The rookie 12 or the Konoha 12 as some would call it, plus Sai were all separated. Of the 12 and Sai, 9 + Sai which would equal 10 were in the Hidden Leaf, better known as Konohagakure. While the other 3, were in the Hidden Sand, better known as Sunagakure. The 10 that reside in Konoha are: Sasuke Uchiha, of the Uchiha Clan. Sakura Haruno, a civilian turned Shinobi. Naruko Uzumaki Namikaze, of the Uzumaki and Namikaze Clans. Shino Aburame, of the Aburame Clan. Hinata Hyūga, of the Main Hyūga Clan. Neji Hyūga, of the Branch Hyūga Clan. Shikamaru Nara, of the Nara Clan. Ino Yamanaka, of the Yamanaka Clan. Chōji Akimichi, of the Akimichi Clan. Sai Masa, an orphan scouted by Danzo Shimura into his Root Anbu, that later came to be known as the 13th member of the Konoha 12.

The 3 that now reside in Suna are: Kiba Inuzuka, of the Inuzuka Clan along with his ninken partner Akamaru. Tenten Higarashi, a civilian with a weapons shop father, turned Shinobi weapons expert, who later became known as the Weapons Mistress. Rock Lee, an orphan and civilian that doesn't have chakra, thus being unable to do Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. He later became known as the Taijutsu expert, The Green Beast.

All of the Konoha 13 are now either together, married, or about to get together. Sasuke Uchiha and Naruko Uzumaki Namikaze are together along with their daughter Sarada. Sakura Haruno and Hinata Hyūga are together as well. Shino Aburame and Fuu, the former Jinchuriki(did I spell that right? If not please do let me know.) of the seven tailed Rhinoceros Beetle, Chomei are married. Ino Yamanaka and Sai Masa are married. Chōji Akimichi and Karui, a girl from the Hidden Cloud, better known as Kumogakure are married. Kiba Inuzuka and Kankuro no Sabaku are in Suna and married. Tenten Higarashi and Temari no Sabaku are also in Suna and married. Rock Lee and Gaara no Sabaku, the former Jinchuriki of the one tailed Racoon Dog, Shukaku are once again married.

The only pair to not be together or married are Neji Hyūga and Shikamaru Nara. Shikamaru right now is just about to leave his home to go to the Hokage Tower and continue being his troublesome blond's advisor. About to go and put on his black Shinobi sandals a knock on his front door is heard.

Neji P.O.V
I knocked on his front door. Knowing his schedule, I came just before he was about to leave for the Hokage Tower. I heard his feet shuffling and a quiet, but slightly slurred from sleep mendokuse coming from his mouth. I chuckled at the mental image of a sleepy, lazy Nara who felt it was to troublesome to do anything that involved getting up and moving around. As he lazily walks to his front door and opens it, I smirk at his barely even awake form.

He's still not fully awake yet. Seeing as he was still half way asleep, I decided to make my presence known. "Hey Shikamaru, can I come in?"

"Huh?... What?... Oh, hey Neji." Shikamaru says blearily, looking like all it would take was a soft breeze to knock him down. After a second his mind registers what he said and his sleepiness is long gone out the window. "N-n-neji hi. U-um, w-would you l-like to c-come i-in?" His face is redder than Hinata's and his stuttering is just as bad, as when she sees Naruko and that is saying something. Seeing him blush, made me blush a bit as well. (Well can you blame the poor guy. He's so head over heels that even Shika's slightest action can get a reaction from him.)

"Yes I would. Thank you." He moves aside enough for me to pass through and I go in. I take a moment to look around his home and I like it. It has a homey and cozy feel to it.

"Would you like something to drink, or eat maybe?" He asks me rather shyly. I would've thought that I wouldn't be like most others who fan-girl over their significant other's cute moments. Seeing him being all shy and embarrassed however, showed me that I, too could end up just like them. I was internally fangirling at how adorable he was acting. 'This is the man I want and he's all mine. I love him and can't wait to tell him. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.' I told myself mentally. However outwardly, I kept myself as blank as possible. If he becomes mine, then I'll show him my crazy side, but until then, I must remain in control.