Chapter 5

Getting to Know the Skele-brothers (Part 2)

--------------------------------

2nd Person

"Uh I dunno Sans, this seems kind of important? Cause I mean, since when can you teleport?" You sat on the couch, holding Papyrus while Sans tried to explain his predicament.

"well i figured it out a few weeks ago- but that's not important! please, please-please-please don't tell dad! i don't want him to get mad at me-" Sans stopped himself and slapped a bony hand over his mouth. You looked at him, gentle confusion drawn on your face.

"Why would he get mad at you?" He looked down and let his hand fall back to his side.

"i-i dunno.. i just.. i didn't tell him when i first started doing it so- so i just thought..." He started to shake, obviously not really used to talking so openly. You sighed and put Papyrus into his arms. He looked up at you with confusion on his face. You slid off the couch onto the floor and opened up your arms in an welcoming way. Sans trotted over to you and went into your arms, and you wrapped them around him.

"You know, I used to be in a situation like you before," He looked up at you.

"I think I was 6. I had taken my Dad's watch without telling him (or just any Guardian that took care of you) and kept it for weeks. He noticed around a week, and asked me if I knew what had happened to it. Of course, I lied." Sans' eyes were returning to their normal glow now.

"A lot more weeks passed and I felt more guilty everyday. Eventually, I gave in to the guilt and went to return it," His eye sockets grew bigger in disbelief.

"And, no surprise, he was kind of upset. But, the main reason was because I hadn't told him sooner. If I hadn't waited so long to tell him, I probably wouldn't have had to clean the bathroom for a week after that." Sans laughed a little, but stopped himself. Papyrus giggled mercilessly, though. It made you smile, to see them happy.

"The point is, Sans, is that the longer you wait, the more he'll get upset. But I don't think he'll be mad though.." Sans had his confuzzled face back on again.

"then what would he be other than mad??" He asked.

You looked out the window to the right of you, watching the snow float by.

"I think... I think he would just be.. sad. Sad that you maybe didn't trust him enough to tell him right away, or that you tried to keep it from him." Sans' eyes grew dimmer, now looking like a kicked puppy.

"it's not that i don't trust him... i just, i wanted some freedom before he gave me rules about my magic." He explained. You looked to him in understanding, and gave him one last squeeze, being careful of Papyrus before letting him go.

"Well I can understand that much at least. But besides that, I think he's gonna be proud when he hears about this! I mean, who wouldn't want teleportation powers?" Sans smiled wider and giggled, snuggling up to Papyrus.

"maybe.. i guess i could tell him.. tomorrow.." You gave him a look.

".. i'll tell him today.." You gave him an approving nod and took the little orange skeleton back from Sans' arms.

"Welp, with that out of the way, what do you say we get started with our day?" Both Sans and Papyrus got excited, the older one nodding and the other giggling like crazy. You laughed with them and set Papyrus down onto the floor next to a Rubik's Cube, and he seemed to immediately grab onto it and mess with the colored block. Sans grabbed the pencils and paper he had brought down and handed one of each to you, apparently wanting to draw. You thanked him and laid down onto your stomach so you could move better. Sans was already scribbling something onto his sheet, so you began with yours. It started as a circle, and not really knowing what to do next. Your brain spaced out, just sketching whatever came to mind.