Chapter 6

Hotland and Questions (Part One)

____________________________________________

2nd POV

For the first time in weeks, you had a nightmare. Dust going down mercilessly from the dark sky, wind causing it to pick up and fall again. You couldn't see more than 8 feet in front of you, grey fog blocking your vision if you tired to see any further. Flashes of blue coming from random directions came from behind the mist. You try to move, but saw that you were barefoot, feet gradually turning from blue to black from what you assumed to be frostbite.

You look up once again and see the figure from your last nightmare again. They stood in the distance, past the fog that cut your vision. You squinted your eyes to see better, but to no avail. You tried calling out, but your throat made no sound other than air escaping. You clutch your neck, trying to scream, but silence still. You look back to the figure again, but they had disappeared. You turn your head all around looking for them, but once again, like last time, found it useless to do so.

You start fading out of the dream, everything getting dark, darker, but yet darker. A final flash of orange filled your vision with a hand extending out to you, calling out to you silently. You reach for it, but everything goes black before you can touch fingers.

----------

"Y/n.... Y/n, wake up."

"Huh...?" You blink tiredly a few times before looking to the owner of the voice. White pin pricks looked down at you, patience held in them. You yawn and sit up on the bed you were occupying. You hummed tiredly before looking back up.

"Whass goinggg on? Did I miss... something..?" Gaster shook his head and stood up straight.

"No, we just need to leave before someone starts using the Hotlands lab." You woke up more at the mention of Hotland.

"Hotlands? Oh yeah.. Don't you work over there or something?" You tug the blanket off of your body and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Yes. Now, please hurry and get dressed. We're kind of pressed on time." You nodded and stood up, stretching while Gaster walked out and closed the door for privacy.

You limped over to the wardrobe that stood next to the bed and grabbed some clothing. You put on a pair of black gym shorts and a F/C T-shirt. You slipped on some socks and walking shoes you had also gotten from Gaster. You picked up the cane you had been using for the past few weeks and made your way out of the room.

Walking down the hallway and staircase, you see Gaster waiting by the front door talking to a big blue figure. You limped over to the two and saw that the figure was Jainil, the guy who had almost destroyed Gaster's furniture with spaghetti sauce. When he looked to you, you noticed that he had cherry red hair, clashing with his blue skin. It was up in a nice man-bun.

It actually looks pretty nice...

You smiled stuck out your left hand.

"Hi, I don't think we've met before. I'm Y/n, nice to meetcha." Jainil looked from your face to your hand before grinning a toothy smile and taking the hand, roughly shaking it. He spoke in a gravely voice, louder than you remember it being before.

Though I suppose he was being scolded before..

"Hah, you must be the human I've been told about! I'm Jainil, the Captain of the Royal Guard. Pleasure meetin' ya-!" He took his big hand from you and started coughing into his fist. Gaster started patting his back.