Chapter 11

Science and Fishy Tales

(Part One)

____________________________

Gaster finished up what he was doing in the so called "Experimentation Room 3" and led you out of the room. You had a much better understanding of Souls now since you both had talked about it while he worked. While you hoped to never have to use the information, you also now know the basics of what to do if your Soul gets thrown into a fight.

The tall doctor and yourself once again trekked through the long, cold hallways of the True Lab. You looked at Gaster, now taking in more of his details as you both walked. The way he walked was swift, and he took long steps. You had to go faster than normal to keep up with him, but it wasn't too difficult. You took a moment to take in his appearance. Today he was wearing a science lab coat, which hid his undershirt.

As you stared intently at Gaster's direction, he glanced at you before looking straight ahead again.

"Is there something you want to ask?"

You blinked and looked forward again.

"Not really, but now that you mention it... Have you ever wondered how different your body is from a humans skeleton?"

He gave you a thoughtful look and grinned, as if he had been expecting that particular question.

"I have actually. And, with those books I mentioned before, I actually do know the differences."

You quirked an eyebrow at Gaster in question.

"Oh? Care to tell me?"

Gaster's eyes lit up at the chance to talk about his findings.

"Well, the first thing I'd discovered was that, obviously, our skulls are completely different in structure and density. Mine is soft enough for me to make facial expressions, while yours is more hard and is for the purpose of protecting the brain."

"Soft, huh?" You reached a hand up to Gaster's face and poked his skeletal cheek. It felt like a water balloon in how soft it was, but it was warm and smooth.

He took your hand and placed it back to your side while chuckling.

"You could have just asked if you were curious."

"Ah, sorry haha.. Couldn't help it. But, anyways, did you find anything else that was different?"

He smiled and continued on with his findings.

"I also found that our rib cages are slightly different. A human clavicle, that's the collar bone, is more thin than mine. My clavicle is more thick and covers up more area. In fact, almost all of my bones are thicker than the average human skeleton. Other than that, our skeletal bodies are very similar."

"Wow, that's actually really cool! I should come here more often to learn from ya teach."

Gaster's eyes widened slightly as he smiled a bit.

"... I wouldn't mind the company. Perhaps once Jainil gets better, you can come with me here. Maybe even... Be my assistant?"

Your eyes brightened up at the thought of getting to be in such an awesome environment, but thought of Sans and Papyrus. They hardly get to see Gaster as it is already. You faltered at the thought of barely seeing them anymore.

"I'd love to but.. I'd miss Sans and Papyrus too much. But I bet I could still make frequent visits!"

Gaster smiled in understanding and stopped suddenly, but you didn't notice fast enough and bumped into the elevator doors in front of you.