Chapter 13

Breakfast and Letters

_________________________________

After spending a few hours reading, you had eventually fallen into the realm of dreams. Your nightmares that you had forgotten about sprouted again, leaving you shaken when you woke up the next morning.

You shot up from your bed gasping for air. The nightmares had been the same, but this time lava surrounded you and the mysterious figure. Clenching your shirt where your heart is placed, you took deep breaths and tried to calm yourself down. You took your hands and rubbed your temples. Sighing, you peeked at the clock on the bedside.

9:23 am

Groaning and kicking the thick blankets off of yourself, you swung your feet over to the side of the bed and slipped on a pair of house shoes. You wore sweatpants coloured f/c and a plain white t-shirt. When you opened the door that led to the rest of the house, you smelled bacon and coffee wafting in the air. Running your hand along the railings, you stepped down the stairs and saw that Papyrus and Sans were already sitting at the round table. Yawning, you greeted them.

"Good morning boys.."

"Good morning Y/n! Dad's making breakfast in the kitchen."

"That's nice... When did he get up?"

"I think around 7.. That's when he usually wakes up."

You hummed and made your way to the kitchen. Taking light steps, you snuck a look into the room and saw Gaster flipping bacon and eggs. He wore a dark blue turtleneck sweater and black pants like usual, though this time he wore a white apron that read 'GeNiUS' in periodic table letters. You laughed at the science related clothing and Gaster turned his head around at the noise.

"Oh, good morning Y/n. What's so funny?"

"Nothing, nothing... I just like the apron print."

He looked down at his chest and lightly laughed.

"Ah, yes. It was a gift from Lady Toriel."

You smiled and nodded thoughtfully. Gaster went back to the food while you went to find a cup.

"Oh and by the way, there's tea and sugar in the cupboard if you don't find coffee to your liking."

"Oh okay, thanks!"

After getting a cup of your preferred drink, you went and sat down at the table with the skeleton brothers. Papyrus had his high chair as usual while Sans had to stack books to sit at the table properly. Sipping on your drink, Sans started rambling about his dream.

"There was this GIGANTIC octopus that was named Captain Squid, and he sailed this tiny boat in the river! But then this even HUGER fish came out of nowhere and-"

You continued to listen to his story while slowly waking up with the help of the caffeine. Papyrus played with a tiny figurine of a turtle while making noises that resembled crashing sounds. Smiling, you quietly enjoyed the atmosphere.

Gaster soon came out of the kitchen with four plates in his magic hands. You noticed that the eggs and bacon were shaped into smiling faces with horns on the top. You snickered and took a bite out of the bacon first, melting at the taste.

"You know, somehow, you manage to make everything taste better."

Gaster chuckled while denying your statement, and continued to eat. Papyrus's food had been cut up into little pieces so that he could eat it better, and both boys had a juice box to go with their breakfast. Gaster had a cup of black coffee.