Chapter 20

Pancakes and Humans

____________________________________

When you woke up the morning after, it had taken you a few moments to remember what had transpired. Your mouth scrunched up at the reminder, and you peeked out from under the blankets. You couldn't see what time it was, since Sans apparently never bothered to put an alarm or clock in his room. The light was the same outside of the window, seeing as it never really changed in the Underground.

You waited a few minutes to adjust and ready yourself to wake up entirely. Shoving the blankets off of your body, you fixed up the coat Sans had given you and stepped onto the cold wooden floors. Padding out of the door, you closed it behind you and made your way down the stairs quietly, not wanting to wake up the brothers if they were still sleeping.

As if to confirm your thoughts, the older brother was snoring away on the couch.

He looks peaceful.

Smiling to yourself, you carefully tread over and kiss his forehead. Picking yourself up, you made your way to the kitchen. When you stepped in, you were hit with the smell of pasta and tomatoes.

I know we had spaghetti last night, but this is just too intense.

You shuffled around and opened cabinets, looking for something to make for breakfast. Seeing as Sans and Papyrus hadn't seen you or Gaster in 100 years, you figured that they should have a good home cooked meal for a change. Not that Grillby's wasn't good, but a little change is always nice.

"Looks like there's enough here for.. Pancakes.."

Your hold on the flour you had grabbed lowered, remembering that pancakes were Gaster's favorite breakfast food. Shaking your head to clear your mind, you gathered the rest of the ingredients. Putting the liquids and dry ingredients in different bowls, you mixed them separately first. Then, you poured the wet mix into the dry, whipping it together in a matter of 5 minutes.

You turned to the stove, ready to make a big, whopping stack of pancakes.

"Let's do this."

_____________

"mmmh..? mom..?"

Behind you, Sans' morning voice called out for you. You set down the last pancake and turned around, grinning at the boy. He was standing awkwardly, still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. His jacket was disheveled, wrinkly from Sans tossing and turning while sleeping.

I guess some things never change.

"Good morning sweetie! I made breakfast."

You dramatically presented the menacing stack of pancakes, which stood comically almost to the ceiling. You could practically see Sans sweat drop at the height.

"oh. you really didn't have to, ya' know."

"I know.. It's just the least I could do."

Sans smiled, rubbing his neck and looked at the time. He gave it a weird look and shook his head, chuckling to himself. As he took a step forward to get food, he was interrupted by a certain tall skeleton.

"SANS? YOU'RE NEVER UP THIS EARLY- I'M SO PROUD OF YOU BROTHER!"

Jumping at Papyrus's booming voice, you gripped onto the counter beside you. Looking up, you saw that he was in the same outfit as yesterday, and his bones shined like he had just gotten out of the shower.

Does he shower with that thing on?

"the smell woke me up, bro."

"SMELL? OH, GOOD MORNING, MOTHER! WHAT IS THAT BESIDE YOU, IT LOOKS LIKE SOME SORT OF... ODD FLAT SPAGHETTI?"