Chapter 21

Hope

_________________________________________

Gruesome, tiresome work.

Work, work, work, work.

That's all you knew.

Try this, try that, fail, and repeat.

'It's all a part of the process!' You thought. 'It'll work soon,' You kept telling yourself. But even you, who was the most determined to find a way into the void, was starting to lose that hope. Many, many months have passed since you and Sans had started on what you both called the "G Project". Neither of you got much sleep, though you were worse for wear than the skeleton. Most nights now you didn't even eat, and instead spent it in the Lab drawing blueprints. Sans and Papyrus both have had to carry your sleep deprived body out of there, and it had them worried to no ends. Sans understood your desperation, but it seemed that everyday that you were getting worse. It reminded him of his father, ironically enough.

It hurt him to see his mother this way, since he had never seen you like this. The only time that could amount to this behavior was when you had run off to chase his father down, though that was now small compared to this. Your skin was getting paler by the day, having hardly eaten anything or had something to drink. Sans hardly found you sleeping. Luckily, however, this was one of those times.

"geez, mom.. you're starting to make me feel like the parent here." He grumbled.

Sans picked you up with his magic, not wanting to wake you due to physical contact. Eye bags had darkened underneath your eyes, screaming out for rest. He took a moment to look at you completely, and sighed in defeat.

"i really didn't want to have to resort to this, but you leave me with no choice. it's time for some furry interference."

____________________

"Where the hell...?"

You had woken up, shocked that you had even fallen asleep in the first place, in a soft and comfortable bed instead of the chair you had expected to wake up on. And, judging by how there were no crumbs on this mattress, this was definitely not Sans' bed. You shot up from the covers, and almost immediately groaned at the sore muscles in your arms. Probably from drawing too much, and typing all day and night.

Recovering from the throbbing ache, you looked around the room to gather yourself. The first thing you noticed? That this was, in fact, a child's room. Two children, to be exact. The side you were on was mostly plain, save for the drawings on the walls. The other side had some buttercups in a pot, along with some stray green and yellow shirts littered on the floor. Despite the darkness, you could have swore you saw some white fur.

"Okay, so this is either a dream or I got kidnapped by children."

Your bones ached as you stood onto your feet, and you almost fell over from dizziness, the edges of your eyesight going black. Despite having gotten some sleep, your eyes still burned from not being closed quite enough. You slapped your cheek to stay awake, the stinging pain working slowly to wake you up. You stalked towards the oaken door that sat to your left. Being careful as to not make any noise, you sneaked and turned the handle, but before you could even open the door it was pushed open, making you fall backwards. You fell onto your bottom, hands cushioning your fall. Looking up to see who had opened the door, you saw two shining green eyes.

"O-oh! I'm so sorry- I didn't realize you were awake! Are you alright?"

A small goat, who looked like a miniature version of Asgore, stood before you holding out a small paw. He wore one of the yellow and green sweaters, making you conclude that he owned the left side of the space. Searching even closer, you had a flash of recognition.