Chapter 1

I stare out the window at the sky scrappers and the cars honking at one another in the busy street and zone out. It has been a busy and tiring day and it's not even 12 noon.

I return my attention to the lady in front of me droning on about her company's plans for my newest project, "The Hofer Haven Project", a shelter for women and children.

I decided to team up with an up and rising interior designer or entity to bring my dream project to life.
I have been doing interviews all morning and I must say that none of the presented ideas have caught my eye so far, and with just 2 more interviews to go, I'm growing skeptical.

I stare at the smart looking leggy brunette busily presenting her design plan. She is beautiful no doubt, and has a good posture. With her nice outfit and red stilettos she looked good ..but her presentation lacked substance.

"Alright thank you.. um .. Miss??"

" Miss Hall sir"

"Alright Miss Hall , thank you for passing through. My secretary will get in touch"

" Um ... Sure Mr Hofer thank you for your time and the opportunity "

She arranged her documents and laptop and walked out elegantly. I keep staring until she disappeared from sight.
She is eloquent indeed, It's just unfortunate I didn't like her design plan.

The last two weren't any better. I might just have to go with the company's design team after all.
The interior design section of Hofer Assets and Appraisals are good. Heather Lawrence and her team of interior designers can nail this project no doubt but since it is a charity project, I want to use the services of an up and rising designer or an entity to help boost their clientele and portfolio.
Because as one of the biggest Real Estate companies in London, working with us will be good for their business.

I turn to the wall clock and decide to take a break. I can let Janice order something for me but I need the distraction and a little time to myself to regroup.

"Janice can you move my 1' o'clock meeting with Heather Lawrence and her team to 2 please?" I call Janice to let her know.

"Im on it Mr Hofer"

"Alright thank you"

***

"Ma'am he's done with the interviews I'm sorry for the error and inconvenience but there's nothing I can do about it"

" oh, come on. Surely, he can spare a few minutes. Ten, that's all I'm asking. Please, just ask-"

"Ma'am it's not happening. I already told you he's done with-"
I hear as soon as I step out of my office.

"Janice what's going on here?"

"Oh, Mr Hofer, -um ... this lady is here for the interview but unfortunately there was a miscommunication with the time in the email we sent her.
I have apologized and advised her to book another appointment but she's failing to understand"

I turn to the person in question and I'm stunned. She is beautiful , no gorgeous. Her honey brown eyes is the first thing i notice about her. it's so beautiful and captivating.
With her long legs and clear beautiful mocha skin and her long silky natural hair, She is absolutely breathtaking.

I'm speechless for a while until I regain my composure and turn to her fully.

"Sorry Miss??..."

"Miss King , Noa King ... Nice meeting you Mr Hofer"

She hesitantly offer her hand and I take it boldly, still entranced by her.

" um- sorry for the mistake and inconvenience. But I can spare a few minutes of my lunch break to listen to your design plan for the project . That's if it's ok by you?"

" That will be much appreciated, thank you"

She responds enthusiastically and Her big honey brown eyes lit up. I am staring but I can not be so obvious so I clear my throat and lead her to my car outside.

"See you at 2 Janice"

"Enjoy your lunch Mr Hofer"

✨✨✨