Chapter 7

I am in the office early in the morning to finish the work I couldn't finish yesterday.
Lunch with Greg took most of my work time not that I am complaining. Because we are trying to come up with a divorce settlement that Iris will agree to.
We might just have to fight dirty if she's still adamant.

I didn't return to the office because my two scheduled meetings for the day were both outside the office and took up my time for the rest of the day.
I showed two important clients some properties. The first, a three-level yacht with a client from the UAE and the other, a site for a mall.
Both meetings were successful and papers ready to be signed.
The paperworks needs finalizing by the close of today, hence my early start today.

I pack my car heading towards the office.
"Good morning Mr Hofer" Lewis greets me while letting me through the building.
He's a muscular  6'4, 40 year old Scottish man who has been with the company from the start.
"Good morning Lewis hope you're doing well? How is the wife and kids?'

"They are doing well thanks".

We talk for a while before leaving him to do his job.

"Enjoy your day Mr Hofer"

"Thank You Lewis. Enjoy your day too".

The place is quiet as I head to my office. Nobody is in yet because it's too early and that's how I like it.
A few hours of silence and tranquility to concentrate on work.

I pause when I hear a noise coming from outside the door. Janice must be in.
There is a knock on my door as soon as this thought crosses my mind.

"Come in"

"Good morning Mr Hofer" she greets in her ever chipper mood.

"Good Morning Janice, How's my day looking today?"

"It will be a busy day today".
she says this while handling me the day's schedule.

I look through trying to see which of my meetings can be rescheduled since I need to make time for Noa and I's visit to the project site.

"Can u cancel my 11:00 with Madison Spears?"

"This is the second time we are rescheduling her I'm not sure she will be happy Mr Hofer"

"Just let her know I'm still trying to get her the best property deal she can't reject".

"Ok . Will that be all sir?"

"Yes, and oh Can you tell Miss King to come see me when she comes in later?"

"Sure Sir"

***
It's been a while Janice told me Noa is in.
I wonder why she hasn't come in to see me yet. We have to get a move on if I want to return early for my meetings for the rest of the day.

I head to her office to check if all is ok.
" Mr Hofer do you need something"

"I'm ok Janice just going to see Miss King to discuss a few things before we step out Just let me know if anything comes up."

I like Noa King. And I don't mind leaving my office to go see her contrary to what others might be thinking.

I knock quietly and enter when there's no answer. The last thing I expect to see is Noa standing on her swivel chair trying to hang a painting of sort on the wall.

I can see that  I startled her when she turns to see who opened the door.

I rush to help her hang it but after Insisting to do it herself, I just hold the chair to steady it while she hang her art piece.

"I am so sorry Mr Hofer I was about heading to your office as soon as I was done here. You wanted to see me?"
She ask quietly while sitting in her swivel chair.

"It's quiet Alright Noa. I have to let you know that we need to be at the project site earlier than
Planned yesterday because I have a few important meetings scheduled for today.
And you can call me Jan. I insist".

"oh, alright Jan I'm ready whenever you are"
She gets up to grab her purse and straighten a few items on her desk.

"we can go now if you are all set?
I can't stop staring. She looks absolutely radiant today.  Like a flower. Delicate and gorgeous.
My gaze shifts to her body when she turns to grab her purse. She does really look good in her green dress.

I open the door and wait for her to step out before following right behind her

✨✨✨