Chapter 14

After the quickest good bye to Jan at the airport, I head to my first appointment regarding the painting part of the project which in my experience is the hardest part.
The other levels and steps of the project should fall into place from here on.

I spend a few hours at the project site making sure everything is going as planned and take some pictures for Jan since he likes to be informed of every step and track the process, before going home to prepare for my evening out with Alex.

I invited Sophie to come with but she canceled last minute because of an issue with a customers huge order.
I'm meeting Alex at a bar a friend of his owns in south Kensington.
He mentioned the bar's close proximity with the ESQ bar and to expect a big crowd at the bar today because of the live band playing. I am utilizing this information to get me there without trouble.

I Uber to the location and I can immediately tell which bar it is right away when we turn the corner and see a bit of a crowd outside trying to get in. A faint live music could be heard too.
Looks like it's really popular around here.
I wonder how I didn't know this place existed since I'm quite an outside buddy.

Alex didn't lie, looks like it's going to be a good time out tonight.

I text him to let him know I am outside and he replies that i wait while he come get me.
I'm not objecting to that, considering the crowd outside here.

He gets me and we are both inside in a few minutes.
The decor is the first to steal my attention. It's a classic combination of elegant and cozy with a chilled atmosphere. Has a little space for dancing where a couple of people are seen dancing the night away.
Not surprised it's a favorite, looking at the crowd outside. The dark rose-colored lighting, big black leather couches and glass coffee tables, wood paneling decorated in retro celebrity photos and live afro music floating through the air, i am instantly transported to the golden era of cinema.
We are quickly seated and Alex introduces me to his friends who are already seated and sipping some cocktails and beers. It's a big group of two black couples all from Nigeria, a Kenyan lady and her white boyfriend who's from Scotland and two Zambian ladies. I fall in love with the vibe immediately and even more when I learn that it's apparently Afro and Amapiano night.

I'm loving all the renditions of burner boy, Tems, wiz kid, black sheriff, Tula and my all time favorite mnike.

The extensive cocktail list, great food, live music and cosy atmosphere will definitely have me returning soon. It is a fun night with great people and good conversations and I take note to come with Sophie soon.

It is almost 11pm and I'm relaxing with a cocktail and contemplating on the time to leave when my phone rings with a FaceTime call from Jan.
I reject the call and shoots him a quick text that I am out at a bar and will call him in an hour when I get home.

"ok but don't forget to call or else I will call. I miss you. Be safe"
is his reply.

After staying a few minutes to finish my drink, I say a quick good bye and nice meeting yous to the group and grab my green jacquemus bag while Alex escorts me outside to my waiting Uber.
I give Alex a quick hug and promise to text him when I get home.
It was indeed a great night and I don't regret stepping out.

"Noa's party outfit in the mm"

Sorry for the long wait guys!! I Was enjoying the summer traveling around. I went to Norway, Switzerland and the Netherlands. Guys .. Norway is expensive!!! Any Norwegian readers here?? How do you guys do it??😁☺️

Don't forget to like and comment!! thank you🫶🏽