Chapter 19

"You look distracted, what's on your mind? After this win, I expected contentment on your face for a while. Is everything ok with you?"

My best friend and lawyer asks me.

I shake off my thoughts and concentrate on what he just said.

"yeah something like that"
I reply, still, a little distracted.

I can't stop thinking about Noa especially after seeing her today.
I don't think I can continue to give her the space she needs. I miss my woman and need her back.

" I think you should go see her since you can't even enjoy yourself even in this bar. You look distracted and miserable and I would rather drink and celebrate with you when you are yourself again"

"No man it's not that easy. I can't just show up and..."

"I don't need to understand what is going on between you two. All I know is, you need her now, so you go to her, wherever and whoever she is. You are a smart man and I know you will come up with a reason for wanting to see her"

He cuts off my lame attempt at an excuse to not go and now I can't not see her.
"Just go and I will be here for drinks whenever you are ready to".

He tells me with a little shrug.

"Are you sure man? I don't want to leave you drinking alone."

"I'm ok, I've had two glasses of bourbon and I'm ready to retire for the night"

"Ok this is on me then, thanks again for everything"

I chug the rest of the whiskey in the glass and signal the waiter to bring the bill.

I give my friend a quick pat on the shoulder before making my way out.
While awaiting the valet to bring my car, I contemplate on my next move now.
I look at my watch to check the time. It's late and the event should be over, but knowing Noa she would want to be with her friend till the last person has left the location and everything is in place before retiring for the night.
I decide to head to the event location first, thence, to her flat if she's not at the event location.
I open my Instagram and go straight to Noa's stories to find the address for the event.

I switch on the ignition after putting the location in google maps.

I don't have an invitation but hopefully I can wing my way into getting in.

After parking the car, I realize the car park looks a bit empty save for some guys who look to be loading some machines into a van.

I am about to inquire from one of them if this is where the SKXN's beauty event is happening when I see a big banner in front of the building with Noa's face on it.

I smile a little, admiring her beautiful face.
The face I miss so much. I check my outfit one last time before entering the building.

A small hallway lead directly to a big auditorium which had been decorated for the event.
I see a few people lingering around and others taking down the decorations and furniture.
I turn around looking for my woman until I spot her, sitting on a long stool at the bar with her back towards me. She looks to be in a deep animated conversation with a lady who I assume is Sophie, her best friend and the woman of the hour.
I see the bartender hand them a shot glass each and I don't miss the appreciative smile he gives Noa when she thanks him.

I frown and approach them when I realize I have been standing there and staring like a creep for some minutes.

The moment Sophie's eyes crushes with mine, I know she recognizes me. She stops talking and I see Noa's back tense. I know she feels my presence and this reaction alone makes me satisfied for a strange reason.