Chapter 10

I can't keep the smile off my face as I step into the lift and press my floor number of Hofer Assets and Appraisals.

I mean, it's a new week and it's always good to start the week with a positive attitude , then again, it could also be attributed to the good weekend I had.

I mean we didn't end up in bed and he didn't turn out to be a psychopath or a creep. Overall, it was a good date and honestly, how many people can boast of a good first date these days? (insert evil laugh).

I walk by Janice's desk and greet her while heading to my office. If she noticed my chirpy mood she didn't comment on it but I could see her raising her eyebrows questionably.

I place my coffee on my desk and immediately get to work after a quick a short weekly motivational speech with myself.

I have tones of work to do but I'm not bothered because I'm in a great mood. 

I don't realize how far spent the time is until my office phone rings and Janice tells me I am meeting with the project manager alone at 2pm because Mr. Hofer had to travel back home for a family emergency.

Since it's already quarter past 1, I put my desk and office in order for the meeting and relax waiting for the project manager.
I can't believe I missed lunchtime. I wonder what happened for Jan to travel back home on such short notice. I hope everything is well though.

The knock on my door gets me sitting up straight to greet the project manager.

Alex is a black guy from Ghana who studied in London and landed the contract straight after his Masters degree in project management.

Like me, it is a good opportunity for his brand and portfolio.

We hit it off immediately because of obvious reasons. We have a good and successful discussion and meeting in general, and would have continued till late if not for the loud grumbling of my stomach.

I look at the time and realize that it's 4:10pm.
We end the meeting and decide to get some sushi from an Asian restaurant across the office building.
Alex comes along too.

We walk towards the restaurant requesting a table outside because it is a not so cold evening.
I also want to people watch and also enjoy the fresh air and the buzzing of the city around me as we eat.
I love watching the city and people going about their life.
I have lived in London my whole life and this feeling never gets old.
We enjoy our Sushi and nice conversation with the city and people buzzing around us. Alex is a good conversationalist and I love the fact that we can connect on a completely platonic level.
I can envision a good friendship between us.

***

The week goes by slowly that by Friday afternoon, I am ready for the weekend to come.
But by the look of it though, my meeting with the painters and some suppliers will run late.

I shoot Aziah a quick text to move our date to tomorrow evening instead.

" No problem beautiful. Can't wait to see you tomorrow evening. Let's meet at 7 at Mondrian Shoreditch restaurant, and don't worry I will make the reservations. Enjoy the rest of your day."

This was his reply yesterday. So tell me why I'm all dressed up and standing at the "Mondrian Shoreditch" and this host is telling me there's no reservations for said name.
I am getting so angry but I finally breathe and relax when the host ushers me to a nice table anyway because it isn't a busy Saturday night surprisingly.