Chapter 5

I can't take my eyes off her since she entered my office. She looks absolutely radiant this morning.
A sight for sore eyes, unlike me who still look disoriented from yesterday's event at home.

I had to sleep at the penthouse suit at Mondrian Shoreditch hotel because I didn't want to go back to the drama at home.

I had little to no rest even with the almost half bottle of whiskey I took.

I had to rush back to the house early in the morning when I realized I didn't have any change of clothes for work.
I need to start keeping change of clothes in my office.

There is no confrontations at home because Iris was locked inside her studio when I got home.
I changed outfits and drove to the office.

I still feel tired and disoriented.
I need to finalize this divorce quickly for my peace of mind at least.

I look at Noa King and admire her outfit. Her black dress compliments her skin tone and she looks very demure.
I have come into contact with all types of women in my line of work. Models, Socialist and Celebrities, but none of them are anywhere near as tempting as this woman.

Nothing about her mannerisms suggests that she is coming onto me.
Her black dress is not tight but it clings to her curves. In fact she looks really good and i cant stop myself from complimenting her.

"You look really nice today Miss King"

She looks a little surprise by my outburst so I had to quickly add
"and very composed as compared to yesterday. I apologize again for yesterday's mishap."
to prevent any awkwardness between us.

"Thank you Mr Hofer. Yesterday was a very challenging day for me, but I'm glad it all worked out pretty well."
she replied with a small smile.

After going through her dossier and discussing her idea for the project, I decide to show her, her temporary office space for the duration of the contract and also give her a mini tour of the entire work space.

It's a chance to also show off to her how well my company is doing.

I don't do this. This is Janice's job as my secretary but I want to take every opportunity to be with Noa King because I am entranced by her.

I open the door to my office to let her walk out first while I follow. I gently place my hand on her lower back to steer her to the direction where the tour is to begin.

A bolt of awareness rush through me at the touch. It is a static electricity, and with the way Noa King quickly turned to look at me looking adorably flustered, leaves me with no doubt about it.

It seems the beautiful Noa King isn't immune to me as she has made it seem.

I turn to Janice to let her know to have a company badge made available to Miss King and turn to lead her away.

We end the tour at her new office where she will be working for the duration of the project.
She is mostly quiet and attentive and looked very impressed throughout the tour.

"Finally, this is your office. You can decorate it however you please".
I can see that she looks really impressed and happy. Her emotions are radiating through her beautiful eyes and I am entranced.

"oh thank you Mr Hofer. This is really nice. I didn't even know I would have an office. And the view, Omg. Thank you." She said all this in one breath."
I just realized I want her looking like this always. Happy.
Her energy is so contagious.
I smile and nod to her while looking at the time, on my Hermès watch.
It's almost 1pm.
I'm meeting Greg at 1pm for a lunch meeting so I hurriedly conclude everything with Noa King and head to my office for a few items and also let Janice know I will be out.

I see Noa on her phone while I stepped out of the building. I wait till she finishes and asked if she needs a ride somewhere

" oh no thank you Mr Hofer , the Uber driver is just a minute away. I'm just meeting my best friend for lunch so there's no pressure. Besides I don't want to bother you."She replies demurely.

God,I love her voice. Would it sound this good when she is underneath me? Damn it, i want her.

"well ok see you around then"
I reply and walk to my car.

I realize she didn't drive yesterday and today too. I need to find out if she doesn't have a car so I can get her one, in the name of the company of course. She looks like those women who will complain and reject a gesture like that for no reason.I don't want her to feel like I'm trying to buy her affection.
I contemplate on how to go about it while driving. I need to give it to her without making my attraction to her obvious.

Entering the Georgian restaurant at Harrods, I do a quick scan of the restaurant to check if Greg is here, I don't see him. The place doesn't look crowded even at this time of the day. I see a few familiar faces and just nod at them.
A blonde hostess quickly approaches and directs me to a table.
I don't need reservations whenever I come around here because I helped the owner( a business acquaintance) acquire a property, so I am mostly always here, so really known by the staff.

I do love the ambiance and great service.
A waitress comes to take my order, I order water and a glass of whiskey while I wait for Greg.
I know it's too early to be drinking but it's only a glass and I don't care about anybody's opinion right now.

Greg arrives a few minutes later and sits down while eyeing the glass. He says nothing and we immediately get to business.

 He says nothing and we immediately get to business

The Georgian at harrods, London.

✨✨