Chapter 8

The visit to the project site went really well.
The location is good and I absolutely love the building structure, very modern looking in a serene picturesque neighborhood.
I intend to blow the minds of everyone involved especially Mr Hofer with the interior.
I want to give all the women and children who will seek shelter here one day that homey and safety feel.
I really intend to go all out.

I stay behind at the site with the few workers around to talk and get acquainted while Mr Hofer excuses himself for another meeting after a few hours there.

I take the elevator to my office floor around 3pm to finish some paperwork and continue my office decorating since it's too early to call it a day.
It has been a fruitful day so far which makes me happy.

"Miss King, this came in for you. I turn towards Janice and see her pointing to the biggest and most beautiful bouquet arrangement I have ever received in my life.
I am stunned.
Who would send this to me?
I carefully take it and thank her , rushing to my office to read the card.

- with skills like yours, you don't need luck. I'm happy to have you with the team, and cant wait to achieve great milestones with you.
Welcome aboard!  J.H -

I am cheesing so hard.  I can't believe Mr Hofer sent me this gorgeous flowers and can't help feeling special even though  I am sure this is nothing and he probably welcomes all of his employees like this.

I cant stop staring at the flowers while working. They are pretty. I love it! I mean which woman doesn't?

I work for one more hour and decide to call it a day.
I have been secretly waiting for Jan to return so I can personally thank him for the flowers, but it seems his meetings will be running late today. I will just thank him when I see him next time.

I say goodbye to Janice while texting Sophie to let her know I am on my way to the studio.

The photoshoot turns out great and we are very much impressed with the outcome, especially Sophie.
We can't wait for the opening day. I am super proud of my best friend with how far she's come, and I tell her just that.
We are out eating a late dinner because the shoot run really late, and it's a Friday night so why not hang out with my best girl".
Sophie drops me home after dinner and a few drinks, with me promising her all the detail of my date tomorrow.

I take off my make up and shoes before deciding to lie in bed for a few minutes.

I wake up around 10 in the morning and start panicking until it dawns on me that it's a Saturday.

I calm down and decide to clean the house before my hair appointment.

The appointment run late since I decide to get a manicure last minute.

I make a stop at Tesco for some groceries and then rush home when I realize i have two hours before my date.

I must be honest and say that I am not nervous for this date at all.
Even though I haven't been on a date for a while now, I am just ok and feeling optimistic about this.

Dinner was good and my date was a total gentleman! Good flowing conversations and no red flags. Yet.
I must say my positive attitude towards the date made me really enjoy myself.
I am even tempted to let him drop me home.
But I won't though because are too many creeps out there.
The nice ones always turn out to be and I'm not risking it.
Yes I am that cautious. Blame it on my obsession with true crime documentaries.
He gives me a kiss on both cheeks and reminds me of our plans to meet again.

I see him give a little wave as the Uber passes him and I eagerly return it.

"Hey love, just got home. You home yet?"

My phone pings as soon as I enter the bathroom to take care of my nightly routine and quick shower.
This pandemic has me paranoid as hell!
Taking showers every time I step in and out of my home.
It's no joke and I am not playing with it.

I grab my phone and check who texted

It's Aziah.. my date so I respond smiling hard.

"Hey, I'm home thanks for tonight, it was amazing. I really enjoyed myself."

I see him typing as soon as I hit the sent button.
"Don't mention Noa, the pleasure is all mine. I had a good time too and I promise next week will be even better!

I smile and with a quick
"can't wait"
We both say our good nights and I jump into my bed. I check the time and contemplate on shooting Sophie a quick text about how the date went. But I stop when I realize it's  11pm and decide to call her tomorrow.
I plug in my phone to charge and turned to sleep. I finally settle in a comfortable space after some minutes and say a quick prayer before sleeping.

The next day is just a lazy Sunday with me talking to Sophie about my date for hours while cooking and pampering myself while contemplating on my outfits for work in the coming week.

I also come up with a few changes on the design plan which I will need to run by Mr Hofer tomorrow.

Dinner date look✨✨

Dinner date look✨✨

Make up shoot picture in the mm.

Thank you for reading!

Sorry for the spelling mistakes and Errors! Not edited yet!
Do vote and comment!