CHAPTER 1

Zaroorat...jo har koi mehsoos karta hai. Panchi ko udne ki zaroorat hai...machli koh paani ki...insaan ko roti ki...aur rishto mein...mohabat ki. Ek rishta ko nibhane ke liye pyaar, dosti, aur bharosa kaafi hain. Lekin jab rishtey mein zaroorat aa jaati hai...tab woh rishta sirf nibbhaya nahin jaata...uss rishtey ko har pal jiya jaata hai. Aisa rishta, jo sanson ka rukh badal deta hai. Ek aisa rishta...jo sukoon lata hai...aur ibadat bhi. Ek aisa rishta...jo doh logo ko pas lata hai...jisse ek dusre ki zaroorat se zyada zaroorat hai...

Like every girl, I have dreamed of my wedding day. The love of my life will come and sweep me off my feet. We will share our first kiss as man and wife under the moonlight, the stars our witness and the wind carrying our whispered vows. I will say "Qubool Hai..." and accept every part of the man..."Qubool hai..." to a promise of undying love...to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part.

I will love my husband with my whole heart, as he will do the same to me. We will be each other's support...we will fight...we will laugh...we will cry...and we will do all of this together. Ek aisa rishta...jis mein pyaar hain...dosti hai...kwahish hai...aur zaroorat bhi.

29-year-old Khushi Gupta sat in the dressing room, clad in a pure white wedding dress, waiting to be called to walk down the aisle. Her hands twisted the edge of her dress nervously...only a few moments left. She will be someone's wife in only a few moments...and she dreaded every bit of it.

No...this was not her dream wedding. Her dream wedding was supposed to be with the man of her dreams...the one she loved. Not this...

They decided to do a western ceremony. There was nothing traditional about their situation. No sacred fire where promises were made...or no one waiting for her to say "Qubool Hai". This wedding was not a celebration. It will be formal...and it will be cold.

When Khushi felt her father's presence, she stood up and walked out of the dressing room without a single word. It's best to get this out of the way as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wedding march began...and all 754 guests turned to see the bride walk down the aisle...and what a bride she was. Wavy brown hair with tints of red that flamed when the light fell on it...dark green eyes that resembled a mischievous cat's...smooth fair skin covering a petite, yet curvy, body.

All eyes were on her except one pair...the eyes of her soon-to-be husband. In weddings, when the bride walks down the aisle, Khushi always liked to look at the groom...because the expression on his face as his bride walked to him reflected the love he had for her in his heart. But now...as she walked down the aisle and everyone looked at her...her future husband had his face turned away. He only noticed Khushi's presence seconds before her father handed her to him. Khushi's green eyes met soft hazel ones and it took all of Khushi's will power to not turn around and run for her life.

'Be brave Khushi...come on...you can do this. You have to do this...it's your responsibility now', she mentally told herself as she turned to face the priest.

"Do you, Khushi Gupta, take Arnav Singh Raizada, to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish...until death do you part?" the priest asked.

Khushi hesitated...only for a moment...until she finally whispered "I do."

The priest then turned to Arnav Singh Raizada, a man equally handsome as Khushi is beautiful. A famous model turned actor, the 30 year old man was known for his talent and blockbuster hits. For Arnav Singh Raizada, love for his work and family had no boundaries. When it came to family, he can do anything for them...and that is why he stood where he stood now. It was his responsibility to go through with this wedding because there was no other way.

"And do you, Arnav Singh Raizada, take Khushi Gupta, to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish...until death do you part?" the old priest asked once again.

Arnav closed his eyes for a moment. The bright smile of the love of his life appeared; she let out a giggle and blew him a kiss. Her brown eyes sparkling with joy, her face was filled with so much love...a face that did not belong to the lady standing next to him. He opened his eyes and replied, "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride" the priest concluded. The audience cheered as the newly wedded couple brushed their lips against each other for a brief and platonic kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi brushed her hair in front of her vanity mirror. For anyone who saw her, they would assume she was getting ready for her first night with her husband...a new bride dressed in a soft white, satin night gown, worn to arouse the man she married. Only Khushi knew better.

She placed her brush on the dressing table and made her way to her bed...that's right...her bed. She wasn't sharing a room with Arnav. When they came back to Arnav's house from the reception, he just her said her things were moved to the guest bedroom and he said not to wait up for him. And just like that...he left without another word.

It was almost 3:00 am...and there was still no word from him. It was expected. Neither wanted this marriage.

Khushi was about to climb on her bed when she heard faint crying of a baby. She sighed and made her way to the nursery. She entered and picked up the reason for this marriage...this new born baby girl with brown eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!