CHAPTER 26

Here is the holi chapter! Mature content ahead, so use discretion and you have been advised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

"Oh bhaisaab! I asked you to move the drink table outside 30 minutes ago. Guests will be arriving any minute now." Manohar spoke to one of the staff members as they did the final preparations for the holi party. Raizada mansion was bustling with people working on last minute touches before guests started arriving. All the colors were placed outside, the food was displayed, the music was on, and now the drink table was making its way out to the backyard.

Khushi sat on the dining table and finished making the last of the ladoos. She looked around to see that everyone was already dressed and ready to go.

"Beta, go and get dressed." Garima said.

"Almost done ammi, I just need to put these ladoos in the kitchen." Khushi said. Just as she was about to pick up the tray, Anjali's voice stopped her.

"Wow!" Anjali gushed.

Khushi stopped and turned see what Anjali was looking at...or who. Khushi's eyes then landed on Arnav descending the steps wearing a simple white kurta. Her jaw dropped a little. It was such a simple outfit and yet he looked so...manly in it. His sleeves were rolled up so you can see his strong forearms. The first few buttons were undone giving a glimpse of his pecks. Arnav usually wore western outfits and suits. So seeing him in this attire was definitely a treat.

"Mashallah...yeh kurta aap pe bohut accha lag raha hai beta." Garima complimented and Shashi nodded in agreement.

"Thank you ammi." Arnav replied smiling. He then saw Khushi and walked up to her. "Here...let me help. Why don't you go get dressed?" He said and picked up one of the laddoo trays.

Not trusting her own voice, Khushi simply obeyed and made her way upstairs. Once in her bedroom, she closed the door behind her and leaned on it. A new leaf turned between Arnav and herself last night. Things were more playful between them, it was lighter...and it was better. She felt herself loosening herself around Arnav too. She felt herself reacting to him and not wanting to resist anymore. How can she not? He gave her this house. Yea...it was just a piece of paper...but the meaning behind it is what moved her to tears. Arnav was slowly giving her everything he took from her when he said those harsh words. He was giving her right over this house, he was giving her right over his bedroom...he was giving her right over him. Khushi swallowed...overcome with emotions.

Khushi then walked over to a picture hanging on her wall. It was a picture of Payal...smiling back at her. "Hum kya kare appi? Hum jo mehsoos kar rahe hai...woh sahi hai kya?" Khushi whispered, hoping with her whole heart that her elder sister responded to her from beyond the grave. There was just silence and Payal's smiling face simply stared back at Khushi.

The knock on the bedroom door caught Khushi's attention. Giving Payal one more longing look, Khushi called out letting the person know to enter.

It was Anjali that came in. "Anjali?" Khushi asked, seeing her enter with a bag. Khushi then remembered that Anjali will be sleeping in this room tonight.

"Anjali..." Khushi said in her big sister voice, "You aren't actually going to sleep here are you? Work it out with Shyam." Khushi lectured.

Anjali placed her bag on the floor, "Nope...not tonight Appi." Anjali replied stubbornly. Khushi sighed and walked over to her closet to take out her clothes. Khushi couldn't decide which outfit to wear...should she go with a simple white salwar kameez...or wear this white sari she had. The sari was a little on the sexy side...and she wasn't sure about wearing it considering both sets of parents were here too.