CHAPTER 15

In AMORE, Khushi was making the final touches to a dress she was designing for an actress when her phone beeped, indicating she received a new text message. She opened it to see it was a message from Yash.

'Everything ok?' –Yash

Now that she thought about it, she didn't have the chance to speak with Yash ever since Arnav saw them on the balcony. Khushi typed back.

'I handled it.' –Khushi

She then saw the pencil icon pop up, indicating that Yash was typing a response.

'Meet me for a few hours...I miss you.' – Yash

Khushi contemplated the idea, but then decided against it when she saw the pile of work on her desk. She still needed to alter a few of the bridesmaids dresses for Anjali's wedding. Her next sketch for Yash's stage show outfit was due tomorrow, she had a meeting with a producer's wife for a party dress, and she also had to make alterations to another outfit for a business tycoon's only daughter for her birthday. It was an understatement to say that Khushi was slammed with work.

'I can't Yash...I have way too much work to do.' – Khushi

'Oh come on Khushi...I have the day off...Just slip away for a few hours.' –Yash replied back instantly.

Khushi was about to decline again when her phone started ringing. It was from Devyani. "Hello" Khushi answered instantly.

"Khushi beta...Something is wrong with Ahaana. Please come home...she is crying non-stop and she has high fever." Devyani said in a rushed voice. Panic took over and all thoughts of Yash and work vanished as Khushi rushed out the door.

When Khushi pulled her car up the drive way to Raizada mansion, she noticed Arnav's car pull up right behind her. It looks like Devyani called Arnav while he was on shoot as well. Khushi jumped out of her vehicle and Arnav fell into step with her as they both rushed inside the house.

"I called the doctor. He is on his way now." Arnav told Khushi as they rushed up the stairs towards Ahaana's nursery. They heard the screams from the end of the hallway and Khushi fastened her pace, her stomach churning in fear. Arnav was not far behind her.

Both parents burst into the nursery to see Ahaana screaming her lungs out and Devyani trying her best to pacify her. Khushi didn't hesitate to take Ahaana into her arms.

"What's wrong baby girl?" Khushi asked, bouncing a little to sooth Ahaana. Arnav placed the back of his hand on Ahaana's forehead and noticed that she was burning up. He also noticed that Ahaana's right ear was extremely red. Khushi happen to notice this at the same time and her eyes met Arnav's. Both saw the concern in the other's eyes for their daughter.

The door bell rang. "That must be the doctor." Arnav said and was about to walk out when Devyani stopped him.

"I will go...not to worry." Devyani said and rushed out to open the main door. When the doctor entered, the concerned parents stepped back, hoping that it was not anything serious.

After a few moments, the doctor removed his stethoscope and turned to Arnav and Khushi. "It's an ear infection. Not to worry, most kids this age get it. Sometimes when bathing them, water can get inside the ear and that is the reason she has a fever." The Doctor said, standing up. "Here are the drops to help the infection. Put it in her ear every three hours."

Khushi and Arnav let out a sigh of relief. Arnav reached out to take the prescription, but Devyani walked up. "I will do it...you both are tired and should stay here." Arnav gave Devyani a thankful smile and let her walk the doctor out.

Khushi let out another breath of relief, "Humari toh jaan hi nikal gayi thi." She said, so relieved that it was not anything serious.

"Telling me. Mehne zindagi mein inta tez gaadi nahin chalaya" Arnav said, walking up to the crib to see Ahaana dozing off to sleep.