CHAPTER 19

Manohar Raizada and Manorama Raizada walked into the living room and went straight to Arnav. Manorama didn't hesitate to engulf Arnav in a hug.

"What is this Arnav. You got into an accident and we hear about it on the news!? Ek phone tak nahin kiya." Manorama scolded her son. She pulled back and placed a hand on Arnav's bandage.

"I'm ok mom...Mein aap logo ko pareshaan nahin karna chaata tha." Arnav replied. He then passed Ahaana to Anajana's waiting arms and turned to Manohar, giving his dad a tight hug as well.

Manohar Raizada was one of the top Justices of India, but he always supported his son's decision to not pursue law. Manohar and Manorama always taught Arnav to follow his dreams and supported his every decision.

"How are you beta?" Manohar pulled back and took a long look at his only son. On the drive here, Manohar and Manorama were expecting the worst. The last they saw Arnav was during Payal's funeral and it broke their heart seeing their son so lifeless.

That man was only a shell compared to the Arnav they brought up and loved. But seeing Arnav now...Manohar saw clear eyes and a peaceful face. He looked more mature now than he was before. Pain and loss will do that to you. Teach you important lessons but also make you stronger in the process....and this Arnav looked stronger...and Manohar had a feeling he knew why.

Manohar turned to see Khushi still standing near the doorway, not wanting to interrupt the family reunion.

"Arre bachi...aap waha kyon khari hai...yahaan ayi yeh." Manohar said, his voice tender and caring. He and Manorama were grateful when Khushi decided to come into this house. They knew that Arnav was in no form to raise a child on his own due to his heartbreak. When Khushi decided to marry Arnav and take on Ahaana's responsibilities, she gained Manohar and Manorama's respect. However, they were nervous before coming here today. They didn't know if this marriage between Khushi and Arnav would work. It was a known fact that Arnav was madly in love with Payal and Khushi never saw Arnav as more than her sister's husband. And a marriage can never stand the test of time if it was only based on compromise...but seeing Arnav and Ahaana now, they could see that Khushi was doing a beautiful job.

Khushi hesitantly walked to Manohar and Manorama, both with smiles on their faces. Khushi then bent down to touch their feet and Manohar and Manorama did not hesitate to give Khushi their blessings.

Khushi rose and gave them a soft smile. "Let me go and get your bedroom ready." Khushi said, and with that, she swiftly made her exit and went up the stairs.

Manohar, Manorama, still holding Ahaana, and Arnav sat down in the living room couch. "Papa, how is the firm?" Arnav asked as they all settled down.

"It's going great beta. How are you? Movie kaisa chal raha hai?" Manohar asked.

"It's good dad. Premier is set for tomorrow night. So let's see how it does." Arnav replied.

"Acha hi hoga. Tu fikar mat kar." Manorama said, always the dotting mother.

Khushi came back into the living room. "I put away your luggage into your bedroom..." there was a little hesitation, "What should I tell the chef to cook for dinner?" Khushi finally asked, feeling a little out of place. Manorama and Manohar exchanged looks, clearly noticing Khushi's uneasiness.

Knowing that something had to be done, Manorama passed Ahaana to Manohar and stood up. "Tell the chef that you and I will cook dinner tonight." When Khushi's eyes widened in surprise, Manorama walked up to Khushi and placed an arm around her, "Issi bahane tumse todhi baat chit bhi ho jayegi. Mujhe toh apni bahu ke saath time spend karna hai bas." Manorama said, causing Manohar to chuckle and Arnav to smile.