CHAPTER 31

Hello Readers,

I am so so sorry for the delay. It's been a busy few months for me and ALOT was happening. I got into two car accidents, then my mother got into another car accident...then there was a death in my family and there have been some health issues as well with other family members.

So it's been a very hectic time for me. But thank you so much for your patience and for sticking with this story. I will try my best to post the remaining chapters as soon as I can.

-JC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi put the final touches to her makeup and looked at herself in the mirror. She was currently in the room getting ready for the Islamic wedding ceremony. She was wearing a lehenga with a blue skirt and a fitted yellow top with subtle make-up which only accented her beautiful features. In only a few hours, guests would start arriving and would be seated in the Hilton's banquet hall again. The Islamic wedding ceremony would first take place in the banquet hall, followed by the white wedding ceremony later in the evening outside in the Hilton's courtyard.

Khushi stared at her reflection...and felt herself having a hard time staring at herself in the eyes. These last few weeks have been...blissful. Khushi would have never imagined in her wildest dreams that she would ever share such a relationship with Arnav. He was perfect in every way...and he never failed to dote on her or let her know how much he loved her.

For a little while, she felt herself letting go as well. She slowly started accepting that there was something special between them. That despite the circumstances....there was a chance that they could be happy. But yesterday...when he tried to kiss her and her eyes fell on Payal's picture...Khushi felt like someone slapped her.

She felt...wrong. It came rushing back to her that Arnav was Payal's first. Her fist love...her husband...the father of her child. Not Khushi's...never Khushi's. That gut wrenching shame and disgust she felt before returned...and it left a bad taste in her mouth. After they returned to the mehndi ceremony, Khushi kept her distance from Arnav. And that night, she went to bed early to avoid him as well.

Yes, she and Arnav were married and it was normal for them to share a physical relationship. Khushi even believed the fact that Arnav truly loved her. The last few weeks...she let him in...she let him get close...and it was wonderful. She was...happy...and she felt like herself again.

But now...Khushi felt like she was knocked back to reality. She couldn't help but feel guilty...that she was dipping into forbidden waters again. If she had to face her sister tomorrow, she wouldn't manage to meet Payal's eyes.

Khushi looked away from her reflection, disgusted with herself. Her phone beeped in that moment. Khushi turned it over and saw multiple messages from Yash. She had been so busy and occupied in her own thoughts that she hasn't really been checking messages. He left her multiple phone calls last night and the latest text message simply said,

'Back in Mumbai. Can't wait to see you.'

-Yash

Khushi didn't know how to respond. Should she just go back to Yash? Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler to just be with Yash and not constantly have to deal with the sword that was looming over her and Arnav's relationship? What if she always felt this overbearing shame whenever she got close to Arnav? What if she could never fully give Arnav what he wanted?

Khushi turned when she heard the door open. Arnav stepped in...as handsome as ever in a sherwani. Khushi's heart responded to him even when she didn't want it to...and so she looked away. Khushi pretended to fix her hair while looking at herself in the mirror, trying to avoid Arnav's gaze in his reflection.

Zaroorat - Arshi FFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara