CHAPTER 5

Arnav and Khushi fell into a routine for the next few weeks. They would eat breakfast together, usually a quiet affair, before Arnav left for his shoot. Khushi still had a few days before she went back to work. The day went by uneventfully until Arnav came home in the evening. He would play with Ahaana and feed her milk while Khushi showered, and when Khushi lulled Ahaana to sleep, Arnav did various things before retiring for the night.

Even though Arnav and Khushi were communicating more, it was still very awkward between them. One such incident to heighten their awkwardness took place a week after their talk. As usual, Khushi was taking a shower while Arnav fed Ahaana before bed. However, when caressing Ahaana's cheek Arnav noticed that something was off.

Ahaana was warmer than usual tonight, and she was a little fussy as well, refusing to drink her milk. It wasn't long before Ahaana let out a wail, her face flushing with the force she put behind her cry. Being the first timer he was, it didn't take much for Arnav to panic and rush to Khushi's room for help in lightening speed.

He barged into her room without knocking, holding a crying Ahaana and panicked at his wits end. "There's something wrong with An..." the rest of what he was about to say got stuck in Arnav's throat.

There stood Khushi, fresh from the shower, only wearing a towel. Her hair fell in wet waves around her, her neck glistening with a few droplets of water. Her green eyes were brighter than usual and her cheeks were flushed.

~Bepannah si mohabbat ki hai

Dil ne bhi yahi chanat ki hai...~

Arnav felt his mouth suddenly get dry. He swallowed hard when he noticed a few strands of wet hair were over Khushi's shoulder and were slightly plastered on the curve of her breasts.

Khushi stood frozen. She couldn't even move her arms to cover herself. Arnav's gaze simply transfixed her.

It took a few seconds to realize what was happening before both came out of their trance. "I'm sorry!" Arnav shrieked and turned around as Khushi grabbed the blanket off the bed and covered herself, blushing madly. "Oh God I didn't see anything...I...I'm...sor...I'll wait outside." Arnav managed to say before rushing out of the room.

Khushi quickly got dressed, completely embarrassed at the fact that Arnav saw her practically naked. She made a mental note to always lock her door from now on. 'Oh gosh what must he think about me? This is so embarrassing...' Khushi frantically scolded herself.

Meanwhile, Arnav was pacing the hallway still holding a crying Ahaana. But his mind was still on what just happened. 'It's ok...She is a beautiful woman so it was natural to be taken by surprise. It doesn't mean anything. You're a normal warm blooded male...so it was a normal reaction...' Arnav recited to himself in his head.

But man...Khushi has got some of the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen. She looked like a sultry mermaid just emerging from the water with those piercing emerald orbs and that massive length of hair. And her legs...

~Tere bina mera laage na jiyaa

Tere liye hi dhadke jiyaa...~

Arnav shook his head, trying to get the image out of his head. 'No no no...stop it! It's a normal reaction...normal reaction...' Arnav continued to mumble to himself. A bystander would probably think he was crazy, pacing the hallway like a maniac while he mumbled things to himself and held a wailing baby.

When Khushi finally emerged from the bedroom, both looked at anything else but each other.

"Well...I...um...*clears throat*...here" Arnav said and handed Ahaana over to Khushi, his eyes finding the carpet very interesting at the moment. "She feels a little warm and she won't stop crying." Arnav finally managed to say.