CHAPTER 17

Khushi shifted, the morning rays of the sun slanting over her face as her sleep hazed mind slowly woke. Khushi's eyes fluttered open as her foggy mind started to clear. Where was she? This wasn't her room.

Khushi sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes. All she remembered was coming home last night and sitting down on the sofa to take off her shoes. And then...

Khushi's eyes widened as she realized she was in Arnav's room. Wait...Arnav and Payal's room. Her back stiffened and all the blood drained from her face. In that moment, Arnav walked in.

"Hey...good morning...Ahaana is still sleep..." Arnav's words trailed off as Khushi looked at him with angry eyes brimming with tears about to fall.

"Khushi...?" Arnav asked, wandering what happened.

Khushi threw the blanket off her and got off the bed. "Aap humhe yahaan kyon lekhe aaye?" Khushi said in a heated voice, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Arnav then realized why Khushi was so upset. She remembered the way he acted the last time she was in his bedroom. Arnav approached her cautiously, "Khushi you were exhausted last night...and my bedroom was just closer..."

Khushi's eyes flared as her temper doubled. "Aap hi ne kahaan tha ke hum iss kamre mein kadam nahin rak sakte! Aap hi ne kahaan tha ke iss ghar par humare koi haq nahin! Kahin aap yeh tho nahin soch rahe ke hum phir se aapke saath raath bithana chate hai?" Khushi threw the words at him. She stormed passed him towards the exit...when she felt a hand grab her arm and spin her around.

She came face to face with Arnav and saw that his face was now filled his anger. His eyes sparking with rage. "Kitni baar woh baath dauraho gi!? Kitni baar!? Aur kitni baar mein maafi mangu...huh!?" Arnav shook her, his own temper spiking. When she tried to wriggle free, Arnav only tightened his grip and pulled her closer.

"Aap samajte nahin ke hum aapse koi rishta nahin rakna chate?" Khushi glared back and kept struggling, "Humhe kuch nahin chahiye!...naa maafi...naa dosti...naa aap!" Khushi spat out.

Arnav's heart lurched at that, but he grabbed her other arm and made Khushi face him. "Toh kya karogi? Poori zindagi mujhse nazre churao gi!? Yaar Khushi mein koshish kar raha hoon...mein ghalat tha" he said, his voice taking a different tone, causing Khushi to look into his eyes...and she saw the regret, "...mein mann tha hoon ke mein ghalat tha" Arnav continued, "....lekin please yaar...ek bhaar...humare beech jo kuch bhi hai...usse ek bhaar mauka doh..." Arnav pleaded, pulling Khushi closer and she felt herself losing again.

She looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity and felt herself weakening. Her heart reacted to him despite her every attempt to ignore him. There was always a shifting feeling inside her chest. It wasn't like her heart was beating faster...but it was...changing. She felt her heartbeat change...and bow towards him. And because of this...he was perfectly capable of hurting her again.

Khushi pushed away from Arnav, "Humare beech kuch nahin hai. Samjhe aap?...humhe aapse koi faraq nahin partha." Khushi said coldly, closing the walls around her heart as she turned to walk away. This time when Arnav pulled her back, his eyes sparked with an unsaid emotion that Khushi couldn't read.

"Koi farq nahin partha?" He challenged, his voice becoming lower...huskier. He pulled her close to him and grabbed her wrists.

Khushi struggled, "Arnav humara haath chodiye." Khushi hissed and twisted her wrists to free from his grip.

He pulled her closer and she struggled more. "Kya hua...tumhe toh koi farq nahin partha na? Toh mere kareeb hone se itna kyon darti ho?" Arnav said and locked Khushi's arms behind her, causing the front of her body to push against his chest. Khushi took a sharp intake of breath, the hard feeling of Arnav's chest bringing back memories of how he felt like on top of her.