CHAPTER 29

"Here...this the song playlist Shyam wanted." Akash worked with the DJ to set up the music for the event. The sangeet was happening tonight and everyone was bustling in the Hilton's banquet hall preparing for the event. Turns out, Manohar was able to book the Hilton for the sangeet and mehendi due to his friendship with the manager.

Manorama and Garima were working with the florists with the decorations. Manohar was working out details with the manger on the guest list and Shashi was overlooking the lighting for the stage where performances will be held tonight. On the other hand, Khushi was tasked with overseeing the food table arrangements while Arnav went up to Shyam's room earlier to see if he needed anything. The elders had strict orders for Anjali and Shyam to relax and focus on getting dressed, the family will take care of all arrangements. It was also convenient that they were all staying in the Hilton guest rooms for the next few days.

The hall had beautiful orchids cascading down from the ceilings. There were candles all over, adding a romantic tint to the event, exactly how Anjali wanted it. The food table was holding a fondue station, various hors d'oeuvres, 5-star main dishes, and a champagne tower. It was safe to say that this family went all out for the wedding of their youngest members'.

"Khushi, go check on Anjali and see if she needs help getting dressed." Garima told her daughter.

"Yes ammi." Khushi replied and started walking away from the food table. She left the banquet hall and made her way up to the guest rooms. When she reached the right floor, Khushi walked down the empty hallway towards Anjali's room. The Hilton made sure they were all housed on the same floor for convenience. Khushi did a mental checklist as she walked down the hallway. After she checked on Anjali, she will check to see if her and Arnav's outfits for the evening were pressed. She will go to the room she was sharing with Arnav and bring the jewelry Anjali was supposed to wear tonight for the sangeet. She will also have to do a final check with the decorators to make sure everything is done by 4:00pm since the sangeet starts at 5:30pm. And between all this, she will need to give Ahaana a bath and feed her.

Khushi almost screamed when she felt strong arms grab her by the waist and pull her into a secluded nook in the hallway. She was ready to fight when a hand went over her mouth and she saw who the person was.

"Arnav! You scared me!" Khushi shreaked, when he removed his hand from her mouth.

"Sorry jaan." Arnav replied, "I just wanted to be alone with you for a bit. Time hi nahin mil raha." He said cutely.

Khushi's heart jumped a little at the endearment. It was the first time Arnav called her something other than her name. It felt...nice. Arnav took this moment to lean in and cage Khushi between him and the wall.

Khushi put her hands on his chest and pushed back a little, "Arnav...anyone can come and there is still a lot to be done." Khushi reasoned, though her stomach was jumping from their close proximity. Will this feeling ever stop? Every time he was near, her insides went up in flames.

"Just one kiss..." he murmured, his eyes lowering to Khushi's luscious lips. The last time they were together was that rainy night in AMORE three days ago. Since then, both got so busy with wedding preparations that neither were able to spend any time together. They woke up very early and went to sleep very late. Even Devyani was asked to work extra hours and look after Ahaana since both Arnav and Khushi were out and about with wedding preparations.

Khushi felt that familiar pull in her belly as she saw Arnav's eyes darken with need. He moved closer and lowered his head. It would be so easy...just one kiss. She titled her head up and lowered her lashes, anticipating the feel of his lips taking hers...

Khushi jumped when she felt her phone go off, causing Arnav to move back a little. "Sorry..." Khushi muttered and looked at her phone to see that Anjali was calling her.