CHAPTER 33

It was the night of the Filmfare awards ceremony. Khushi clasped the sequenced neckline of the dress she was wearing tonight and gave her look a once over. The dress was a dark blue color hugging her slim figure. The back was low with jewels hanging giving the dress a glamorous look. She left her hair in lose curls and swept to the side so most of it cascading over her one shoulder. Satisfied with her look, she walked to the nursery to check on Ahaana. Devyani was asked to work overtime tonight since her and Arnav will be late coming back from the award ceremony.

"Did she give any trouble during her bath?" Khushi asked just as Devyani wrapped a diaper over Ahaana.

"No trouble at all." Devyani replied, "Have fun tonight" she said, smiling at Khushi.

Khushi gave a warm smile back at Devyani. She kissed Ahaana goodbye and made her way downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnav was waiting downstairs dressed and ready to go. He held his cellphone to ear as he listened to the other end of the line.

"I sent the documents you requested Adi." Manohar's voice spoke, "Are you sure you want to go this route?" he asked, his voice steady but reflecting immense concern.

"It's drastic...I know...but I have to take this risk. Khushi and I can't walk around eggshells all our lives..." Arnav said, "I need to know what she really wants...and if this is the only way to find out...then so be it." he replied. After he got off the phone with his father, Arnav closed his eyes and took a deep breath. It didn't help...the ache he felt in his chest remained.

Ever since he saw Khushi walk out of Yash's dressing room, Arnav has been feeling turmoil inside him. He didn't know what she was doing in there, but Arnav couldn't understand why Khushi lied to him about meeting Yash. Which lead him to believe that Khushi was hiding something from him. He still had faith...that Khushi wouldn't cheat. But he also couldn't rule out the possibility that Khushi still might be in love with Yash.

Arnav pressed a hand to his chest, hoping it will ease the pain he was feeling. But it didn't help...he only felt the pressure get stronger. Khushi had feelings for him...he knew she did. However, he didn't know if Khushi will ever love him. He wanted Khushi to be with him because she wanted to...not because she was obligated to. He didn't want her to be with him...and then pull away very time they encountered Payal. At this point...Arnav needed to know if Khushi can ever fully accept their relationship. It was all or nothing. The clicking of heels brought Arnav out of his thoughts. He turned and his eyes landed on Khushi walking down the stairs.

Khushi saw the Arnav was already waiting for her. Her heart fluttered seeing Arnav standing at the bottom of the steps. He was wearing a dashing Versace tuxedo and was looking beyond handsome. His hair was styled up and the coat fitted his broad shoulders and hugged his sculpted body. Her skin tingled from just meeting his eyes...that was the effect he had on her...and she embraced that feeling whole heartedly.

The feeling of being left breathless was mutual as Arnav's eyes fell on Khushi walking down the stairs...and she looked stunning doing it. The dark blue a stark contrast to her skin and the material trailing her sensuous curves. Arnav contemplated the idea of skipping the awards show all together and taking Khushi up to his bedroom to rip that dress off her.

He was successful in avoiding Khushi the last 2 days. Always leaving early for practice and coming home late, after she had fallen asleep. So now that he saw her, he wanted nothing more than to take her in his arms and never let go. But he remembered that tonight was an important night. Not just because he was performing...but because he had something important to give to Khushi after the show.