CHAPTER 32

Khushi walked down the empty hallway, her stomach jumping and her heart racing. The wedding festivities ended almost two hours ago. All the guests left, Shyam and Anjali were well on their way to their honeymoon, and the family got busy with cleaning and packing. Throughout the whole reception, Khushi remained calm. She danced with her family, attended to Ahaana, and made sure the wedding ran smoothly until the last guests left. But despite her calm façade, her insides were jumping with all kinds of emotions.

She loved him...she loved him...

'Honestly...was it any surprise?' Khushi thought to herself. It was true, their marriage had a shaky start...and things only took a turn for the worst. But Khushi knew things started changing between them when Arnav saw her in Yash's arm's that night of Zosh's party. And after that night...Arnav slowly changed. He slowly became the man that Khushi could fall in love with. He gave her respect...he gave her love...he gave her passion...affection...comfort...he gave her support.

Everything a woman could possibly ask for from a husband....Arnav gave her...and he gave it with his whole heart without any pressure for wanting something in return. And here she was...always holding back...too scared to go all in because of Payal and her own insecurities.

That is something Khushi will need to work on. This pressure she felt will probably never leave her...but now Khushi realized...it's a pressure she was willing to bear for Arnav. He deserved that much.

Khushi approached her and Arnav's hotel room. He came up around 45 minutes ago to put Ahaana to sleep. Khushi paused in front of the door, her heart jumping in her chest. 'Should she tell him how she felt tonight instead of waiting?' 'How would she even start the conversation?'

Khushi lifted her hand and placed in on the wooden door, trying to figure out what she should do. She felt butterflies scatter in her stomach as she unlocked the door and entered the room...only to be welcomed by a heartwarming sight. Arnav had his hand over Ahaana to make sure she didn't roll off the bed...and they were both soundly sleeping

Khushi quietly walked over to the bed and looked down at them...and her heart swelled with emotions she has been running from for far too long. Arnav looked so peaceful sleeping. He must be so exhausted, constantly on his feet with the wedding festivities. She couldn't disturb him tonight. Khushi reached over and moved some of his bangs from his forehead, caressing his face lovingly.

Khushi then quietly stepped away from the bed and went to the restroom to change. It's probably for the best that she didn't confess to Arnav tonight. She will end things with Yash and start fresh with Arnav. Sticking with her original plan, Khushi reached for her cellphone and scrolled her contacts until she reached the person she was looking for.

Khushi clicked on Yash's name and typed a quick text message.

'Need to talk. Let's meet tomorrow.'

-Khushi

Putting the phone away, Khushi changed into her night clothes and went back into the bedroom. She slipped into her side of the bed and adjusted Ahaana's blanket. Khushi then gazed at Arnav's sleeping face...studying his every feature...his long eye lashes...his strong jawline...his curved lips...until she finally drifted off to sleep herself. Khushi's phone buzzed in the dark room, but she didn't hear it as she dreamed of a happy family...her family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, the Raizadas and the Guptas checked out of the Hilton hotel and went their separate ways. The car ride home was a quiet affair until Arnav, Khushi, and Ahaana finally entered their home. It was clear to see that after the Payal picture incident, Arnav was giving Khushi her space. He didn't try to force Khushi to talk nor did he try to be intimate with her. Arnav wanted Khushi to be comfortable and make the first move on her own. It was a very delicate situation and he didn't want to ruin all the progress they made in their relationship.