CHAPTER 25

When the mornings rays of the sun fell over Khushi's sleeping face, she squinted against it, wanting to sleep just a little while longer. She turned over, trying to block out the sunlight, but it kept getting stronger, letting her know that it was time to wake up.

She opened her eyes and her vision adjusted to the room. She realized she was alone in the bed...Arnav's bed. She braced herself for the overwhelming feeling of pain she always felt when in this room. Every time she came close to this room, she would remember that dreadful night from Akash's premier party. She would remember that this was not her place...she would remember the shame for wanting something that was not hers.

But that pain didn't come. Khushi felt...light...she felt rested...and she felt calm. She wasn't aching. Today...those memories seemed to fade as Arnav's words from last night rang in her ears.

"Tumhe pyaar karna galat nahin hai. Ab bas yahin kwahish hai...ke jo sukoon tum mujhe deti ho...usse kahin zyaada pyaar mein tumhe doon. Tumhe kush dekhna...ab zaroorat hai...aur yeh zaroorat galat nahin hai."

Khushi closed her eyes, feeling tears form again as she remembered those words. He left her...overwhelmed. No matter how much she tried...she kept getting drawn to him because he was such a good person at heart. She didn't believe Arnav when he said he loved her. But now she wasn't so sure. He kept proving he did...time and again.

At that moment, the bathroom door opened as a half-naked Arnav walked out. Khushi quickly closed her eyes, pretending to still be sleeping. She heard footsteps and peaked through one eye to see Arnav approach his closet. He was wearing jeans and had a towel hanging around his neck. Khushi looked closer and saw that his hair was still wet from his shower and his back was still glistening from little droplets of water he missed.

Arnav looked through his clothes, contemplating what to wear. He turned slightly and caught Khushi from the corner of his eye. As soon as Khushi saw him turning she closed her eyes again, pretending to sleep. She did it so fast that he thought he imagined it. Arnav turned back...waiting for the right moment, and when he turned he saw Khushi close her eyes again.

Arnav smirked, finding that extremely adorable. 'Alright...two can play that game.' Arnav stretched out his arms and flexed.

Khushi's eyes widened a little at Arnav's back muscles flexing. Droplets of water still clinging to his skin, slowly made their way down his taught muscles. Arnav turned slightly and took the towel that was hanging around his neck. He took the material and grazed it down his pecks...and then his abs. He did this slowly...and Khushi's eyes followed his movement. Her jaw dropped little as her insides tightened. It was an understatement to say that Arnav Singh Raizada was a good-looking man. He was heart stopping handsome...and his charm only added to his sex appeal. Khushi couldn't help but openly ogle.

"Good morning Khushi." Arnav simply said, still wiping his abs. He turned to fully face her and gave her a wicked smile.

Khushi's face flushed at being caught. "G..good morning..." Khushi stammered, sitting up in bed.

Arnav observed Khushi's face...and he loved what he saw. Her eyes weren't hollow...and she looked like she had a good night's sleep. Arnav approached Khushi and sat down on the bed next to her. He studied her face carefully...but had to ask just to be sure.

"Tum teekh ho na?" Arnav asked softly, his tone serious. He didn't need to explain further what he was asking and Khushi didn't need further clarification. When he signed the house documents over to Khushi's name, he did it simply because he knew Khushi deserved it. He only wanted to do something special for her because of everything she has done for him and Ahaana. There was no alternative motive behind it. But he never expected Khushi to react the way she did last night. It broke his heart seeing how emotional she got from such a small gesture.