The Repayment and The Job

Prologue: How Him and I Became Partners, Part II

He led you deep into the palace. How strange that all you could hear is the echoes from your footsteps. You were still bothered by the fact that he doesn't feel any cold with that outfit. You just shook your head and for the first time, you saw a lot of Fatui soldiers gathered and there you saw Tsaritsa sitting with 4 Harbingers standing behind the chair. The place was really cold and you could feel yourself freezing. "Your Highness, he has arrived." Scaramouche announced as the soldiers began to make way for you and him to head to the front.

You gulped as you could feel the air becoming icy and icier before you stopped right in front of her. Your heart raced when you felt her icy gaze upon you. "So you were the boy who had been praying to me every single day. What's your name?" She said in such a cold manner.

"Luka, Your Highness." You bowed to her as you could hear her scoffing.

"Luka, you know that I'm not doing this out of love but rather, I need you to repay me." She stated as you looked at her in confusion. You were going to ask how but she answered it first. "Correct me if I'm wrong but you were the only survivor for a vampire but you are only half-blooded, right?" She asked as you looked at her in surprise.

"...Correct." You could only answer it, not wanting to anger the Tsaritsa.

"I see... That explains why the sun didn't burn you. So, I heard once you drink someone's blood, you'll gain a lot of strength. Is that true?" She asked as you could reply yes. She began to lean back to her chair as her gaze became colder. "Work under me and I'll give you all the blood you need. Everyone here in this room can be your food. How about that? But of course, you need to show me your worth." You can feel the soldiers begin to look at her in fear.

The idea of everyone here could be your food is definitely music to your ears but you don't need them. You just need one person to be your supply. Though, you do not like the idea of drinking someone's blood but you fear that you might offend her since she;'s giving such kind offer to you."I'll work under you and give my full support for everything to you as a repayment for my life but I only require one person to be my food." You said as you looked at her as she gave an amused look.

"Oh? Well, I'll let you choose whoever you want if you pass my test." You stayed silent, thinking if you could pass this test with this state of hunger.

"If I don't pass or refuse this test?" You asked as she smiled almost looking ever so sadistic.

"Simple. You could only eat when I let you and you'll never get any rest. You might as well become one of Dottore's experiments. But if you win Luka, I'll let you choose whoever you want to be your food in this room, even me if you wish to and depending on how well you've done, your place might be as high as Harbinger or as low as the Fatui elite rank." She said as you gulped.

The idea of starvation and becoming an experiment sounded rather... harsh for you so you might as well do the test to the full potential. "Alright, I'll do it and I won't disappoint you." You said as Tsaritsa just smirked and snapped her fingers. Soldiers immediately headed out of the place in orderly fashion while Scaramouche, who stood beside you, began to head behind her throne. You heard some sort of gear sounds in the background before you found yourself falling down,

Bitch- You immediately created a water platform below you to catch your fall before you saw some sort of fighting area. Next to you was a bunch of rusty weapons which you don't think it's a good idea to use. Well, for now, you have to use your fist for this. "If you can defeat all of these in under 4 minutes, you pass." There in front of you spawns a bunch of robots mimicking Fatui soldiers.