Two Souls Had Intertwined Into One

Chapter V: The Blonde Traveler and the Silver-Haired Vampire

Once again, you find yourself in a field filled with white flowers. Ones that you barely recognized. You always wondered why that is, that whenever you fall asleep you found yourself here. You hoped that your boss, Scaramouche would appear right in front of you, and it was like the Archons had answered your prayers as you heard his voice from behind.

"You again? Here?" You turned around to see his annoyed face, and yet, he came closer to you and sat down next to you. "Do you miss me that much that I'm actually seeing you here again?" He flicked your forehead as you frowned. The flick on your forehead felt real which always made you wonder.

Was this not a dream? Well, who are you to even to question? You were now comforted by the fact that you could finally smell his sweet scent in the air. "Yes, I missed you dearly, My Lord." The frown on your face immediately turned to a sweet smile. The smile would make Scaramouche feel something. Almost like a spark inside him.

His cheeks tinted pink before looking away while sitting down next to you as per usual. "So, how are you in? In Mondstadt, I mean." He asked as you let out a sigh, remembering the whole fiasco that happened. You took another glance at the white flowers, recalling it was the same flower that the blonde traveler had on her ear.

You let out a sigh. "It was... complicated. Things happened. Another note, the traveler that you asked me to look out for... she's older than she looks and she's probably a tough opponent for me to kill." You left out the details where you got hungry for her blood as Scaramouche raised his eyebrows.

"I see... Did you get to see around Mondstadt City?" He questioned, to which you shook your head in response.

"I wanted to see the supposedly giant statue of the Anemo Archon in front of the Church of Favonius. I heard you can sit on his hands, and I wanted to try it out. Maybe after the mission ends... we could go together?" You suggested to him as you looked at him who seems to have a serious expression on his face.

"Do you want to not do the mission?" He asked as you furrowed your eyebrows.

"No? I mean I need to repay the Tsaritsa's benevolence for saving me from that horrible silver prison, so I'll do any commands she gives me. I'll explore the whole Teyvat after I seek my revenge and after Tsaritsa's done with me." You spoke. Your ex's face flashed through your mind, making you feel even more bitter than ever.

Scaramouche noticed the bitter expression on your face. A sigh escaped his lips. "What's wro-" Before you could finish your words, he cupped your face, pulling you in and making you look at him. He didn't know why but something about you felt familiar. Something is telling him to keep you on his side. Your eyes widen by how close your face from his. You weren't expecting this.

"Listen, I was the one who found you in that prison. I was the one who saved you because no one wanted to, everyone was busy with their own goals. Even the Tsaritsa said that we don't need to bother saving you and killed you instead of bothering her. I choose to save you so you have to listen to me and you belong to me. If revenge you wanted, I'll help you with it and you'll help me with my own desire. Got it?"

You stared at him in shock, you weren't expecting to hear this and you were unable to differentiate between reality and dreams right now but this, this made your heart flutter. Was it because someone sincerely cares for you for the first time in a while? You couldn't tell. His scent was very alluring up close that you couldn't help but want to lean in closer to him.

"Yes, My Lord." You answered him before he looked at you with frustration in his eyes.

"That's Master for you when it's just us two." He leaned in, crashing his lips with yours which took you by surprise. Scaramouche, your boss who would avoid any sort of affection had pulled this move on you.

It felt so real for you. As if reality and dreams had become one. His hand soften on your cheeks while you melt to his touch and for the first time for Scaramouche, he felt a spark, a beat in the empty space which one would say where the heart belongs to. The world around you had evolved from a simple night sky and fields of flowers, to what you two would call heaven.

____

You immediately sat up after the dream ended and touched your lips. Your heart was beating crazy, your face was heating up and you still felt his hand, slowly caressing your cheeks while you two kiss. You instantly hid your face with your hand, realizing this dream- well, whatever this is, of your boss. 

You wanted to indulge his scent even more that it drives you crazy. Probably crazier than what the blonde traveler could do. You repeatedly try to calm yourself down before letting out a sigh as soon as your heart settled.

"Fuck... I've fallen way deeper than I think I would." You mumbled to yourself as you looked outside of your window to see the full moon shining brightly. Thanks to him and the Tsaritsa, you could see this spectacular moon shining once more.

Restlessness started to settle in for you so you decided to seek out the meteorites that scattered around Mondstadt. Maybe you could get a shard of it to prove your worth to him. You get off the bed and dress yourself up in a suitable manner before going out of the hotel quietly, trying not to alarm the others, and began your search for these meteorites.

After all, you couldn't afford same mistakes twice.

___

[In Liyue... At the same time]

Scaramouche put his hand on his chest, the empty space where he had yearned for the heart. It was beating when he was with you in that realm. The realm that you two had created without the unbeknownst of how and what item you two had held on. That was a mystery to him before he stared at the golden ornament that was supposed to be a proof of identity granted by his mother, remembering the expectant eyes of people in Inazuma and just for him to be thrown away.

Funnily enough, he can't help but also fear you too would also leave him after the Tsaritsa is done with you. He knew this attachment very well, as it was the same thing that happen to him twice and this time, he wouldn't let you escape from him.

Whatever it was, he won't let you part from him. Even if death itself tries to.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author Note:

This took way longer than I thought because procrastination sduhfe- Anyways, have a nice day everyone!