The Old Tales of a Poor Soul

Chapter IV: The Stars and The Sky is A Lie, Same goes as Your Words

After you had shown your strength, you two patiently waited for the Tsaritsa's order for what should you two do next and so you two happened to crash at the Higi Village. You stared at the state of the Village which frustrated you. From what Scaramouche briefly explained of what happened here, you pitied that things had gone this way for them.

You started to set up a fire camp to cook for Scaramouche whenever he requested food. You heard footsteps from behind as you turned around, seeing him giving you a surprised look. Unpleasant surprise that is. "Now what's with that expression for?" You asked him before turning to the fire.

"Nothing..." He avoided your question but well, who are you to care to ask. "By the way, you said you were from here but left hundred years ago, which part are you exactly from?" He asked, seems to be rather guarded now that he knew you were from here. You stayed silent, still staring at the fire that was burning quite brightly.

You pondered if you should tell him. No one would believe you if you tell about it. "That's... something I can't tell." You said before turning to him. "I rather have my past forgotten than it's being resurfaced." You smiled that somehow enough gave Scaramouche, a divine being. chills down the spine.

"...Okay fine, whatever and you suck at healing, my body sore started to resurface." He complained as you let out a sigh.

"What do you take me for? God of Healing?" He just frowned, seems to be quite tamer than before which confused you why would he even be cautious around you but you are too tired to care. "I'm going to sleep, wake me up in a few minutes if you want to do something, My Lord." You said as Scaramouche watched heading inside the abandoned house and shut the door.

"After that fight, he changed too much... Should've I given him Pyro Hypostasis instead? Or does being in Inazuma bother him so much?" He questioned before letting out a sigh while looking at the stars. He did wonder if it was true that there's a place for someone in the starry sky. A place where he will be accepted as who he is... He wanted that but working with the Fatui had done nothing for him but now that you are here, he might as well stay for a bit longer.

__________________________________________________

You watched your old self hanging around Ei along with Yae and the others happily. Those days what you would count as happy days before it fades right in front of your eyes while your whole world became dark. You were sure that this was a dream, constantly reminding yourself why are you must never get attached to anything.

But...

You heard the familiar bell jingling behind you which let a sigh escape from your mouth. You turned around as you saw the familiar person. "You've been coming here often. Why is that?" You asked, looking at him who seems to be smug.

"I don't know, maybe you've been thinking a lot of me." He answered as you stared at him before turning to the horizon.

"I guess that's possible." You said as he sat down next to you.

"You looked upset."

"Of course I am."

"Why is that?" You turned to him as you let out a deep sigh. You saw him look at you with a smile as if he knew what you were facing and just want to hear you say it yourself.

You clicked your tongue. "Your smile is scary you know that. If you want to know, I don't want a certain someone to find out I was staying here. If she knew I was here, she surely tries to make sure that I don't escape from her hand again. It frustrated me because I know her too well and I know I will return to her if she says the same thing that she always says to me... Ugh, but I don't want to either but I know it will make me return to her." The memory that you had with Ei wasn't all happy memories. In fact, even the happy memories scare you.

He raised his eyebrows as he watched your body for the first time trembling in fear. You could feel him staring at you before he moved in front of you which surprised you. He cupped your face, wiping the tears that you didn't notice as he smiled. "I'll make sure she won't take you away. You belong to me and you are my secretary as long as you worked for me, you won't be taken away."

Those words he uttered somehow made you feel safe and comfortable. Sticking with him... Doesn't sound bad after all. You weren't expecting him to lean in for a kiss but then again this was the land of dreams. He might act just the way you wanted him to be. At this point, you don't care... You wanted this warmth to last for a bit longer.

__________________________________________________

Scaramouche just watched you sleep peacefully with a smile on your face, didn't realize he unconsciously caressing your cheeks, recalling the words you uttered to him. He stepped outside as he snapped his fingers which instantly cause all the agents to appear right in front of him.

"Find any records of Luka here. Anything that looks like him or sounds like him, takes it all... I won't let someone like him be taken away." He ordered which surprised the agents but heed his orders and immediately do their task because he looked more upset than usual. Whatever Luka did or tell him, means trouble is stirring.

TO BE CONTINUED