The Difference Strength of the Divine and You

Chapter III: The Strength of the Half-Blood

The permit was quite easy than you expected to be honest. He just flashed his insignia to the girl who was working on the permanent residence before handing it to you. "Alright, we already registered you in, just wear this as proof of your residency." She stated, handing you a bracelet while you looked at it in impressed. You were dismissed as you noticed Scaramouche was waiting for you outside.

You stopped next to him before he glanced at you. "Let's go. We still need to train your Delusion. This is to see if you really are strong to withstand its power." He stated which made you amused. So they gave a very powerful tool without considering their soldiers' safety, interesting... Reminds me of a certain nation.

You thought before following him. It does make you wonder where exactly he's going to train you but he doesn't seem to be in the mood to chat with you so you not going to question anything and just followed him from behind.

You had to admit though, this place is still as beautiful as ever... You wondered what happened to your home after that time you watched your family burn to ashes due to their loyalty, participating in the war that never had to do with you, and putting up with Ei's selfishness during the whole time after losing Makoto in her arms.

Insisting on trying to search the eternity to please a tyrant instead of fighting back. You left her because of that and you'll never agree with her method if she's insisting on that idea of eternity. Scaramouche noticed that you were looking a bit distraught when you were looking around Ritou with somewhat anger in your eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked which made you snap out of your thought. You turned to him with a bitter smile on your face.

"Nothing, just that it's been a while I've been here and unwanted memories seem to pop up." You stated which surprised Scaramouche. Was he from Inazuma originally? He wondered but your name doesn't sound like an Inazuman name and he found you in Snezhnaya originally.

Dying... and rotting away... In that cold prison with the burn marks all over your body... He wondered how did you end up there in the first place given that you were quite strong in terms of strength. He didn't want to pry about that given it's only a few days that you two had met each other. "I'm surprised you were Inazuman." He commented just that as you looked at him.

"Many wouldn't consider me as an Inazuma since I left a few hundreds of years ago before the Shogun announced the decree." His ears sting when he heard you state the word Shogun in your mouth. Remembering her already pains him so much since he was unwillingly brought here without a clear purpose. "By the way, you are from Inazuma too, right? How come your name is Balladeer?" You asked to start a conversation which immediately snapped out of his painful thoughts of her.

"That's only a code name along with Scaramouche. Harbingers don't reveal their real name to anyone." He answered as you just learned the information. I guess that makes sense even though mine wasn't even a real name in the first place.

You two began to talk to each other and learn more about the Fatui until you arrived on the training grounds.

A few hours later...

"Alright, we are here." He stated as you saw machinery of a swordsman sitting on their knees, looking like he was praying. You knew this machinery very well given that you made it with your own very hands. Back when you were hopelessly in love and willing to learn everything. "This right here is the Maguu Kenki. You probably know about it but now, it's broken so we Fatui and probably a few adventurers use this to test our skills." He explained briefly.

"I am quite aware... So you want to see what Delusion it might manifest?" You asked as he nodded. "Alright then, here I go." You said, started to sharpen your nails and release a bit of your hunter instinct.

You immediately jumped into the field while the puppet was trying to get up before it started to swing its sword around which instantly made you dodge it. It was to be expected anyway. You did make the attack pattern so this should be easy. You imbued your hands, trying to focus the elements of Hydro in your hands before you land the attack at its weak spots which you purposely left in case of certain situations.

It began to leave its phantom behind before going into Iai mode before you instantly hopped away from it as it began to slash around itself but since you were midair nothing was stopping you anyway. You used your Hydro to keep yourself up in the air as it started to taunt you which made you laugh.

You plunged down and used your nails to land damage on it which causes it to flinch back. It started to summon a large oni mask on you swirling around you which instinctively made you dodged it the moment you saw it completed. It did land a hit on you but it's not like it hurt you or anything. You were trying to figure out how should you call out an element on this Delusion, while it busy charging up for it's Frost Dive you were thinking of an element to call out starting with Geo since you were from Liyue last time.

Nothing happened which made you instinctively jumped above it before trying to call out Cryo elements since you did came and stayed in Snezhnaya for... you don't remember how long. Nothing coming out for you. It somewhat annoyed you since you know very well you could finish this off just by a few more slashes on his weak spots with your nails but you are curious what element it is so you had to stall the time as you tried to call out all the elements.

Anemo. Nope.

Pyro. Nope.

Dendro. Nope.

This led to only one element left... Electro. The one element you really don't want to have because of her. It was like a trace back to your original origins which despise you so much. You gave in before concentrated your focus on trying to create a lightning above Maguu Kenki as you watched the purple lightning struck the machine down which immediately made it dropped on the ground before the phantom could finish its attack.

Scaramouche looked at you in impressed by the fact that you've been doing it close combat using only your nails but looking at you who easily summon a lightning that scales of size when you were first holding the Delusion that would usually took some times for new recruits or even a Harbinger to get the hang of it.

If you were to properly control your hatred and despise towards whatever that was, you might be able to surpass the Divine if you want. With that Hydro and Electro, you could've been more powerful than his own creator. This just made you a valuable asset to the Fatui and even to him. The fact that you fought flawlessly and elegantly with that nails of yours impressed him.

If he kept this to himself, does it mean he could use you on his agenda. Using her name, you would probably execute his plan flawlessly as well but then again, you might be demoted as his one of agents or mages if you didn't do well. He let out a sigh and began to write everything down just so he could keep you on his side a bit longer.

The moment you went next to his side with a smile on your face and he could sense that you were being different than before. "My Lord, that's it, right? I manifested Electro so now what?" You asked sounded bitter by the fact that it was Electro.

"We need to get you a weapon. We can't keep on depending on your nails like that. Any weapon in mind?" He asked while finishing up the reports that he wrote after speculating you as you let out a sigh.

"Either a sword or a polearm. I can wield those two weapons very well." You said sounded coldly as he thought for a moment and immediately scoffed.

"Alright, if that's your choice of weapon than I won't stop you then." He said as he looked at the option of weapons that would be suitable for you to wield when you two arrive at the blacksmith while you looked at the necklace that had a gem shining brightly in purple color.

Well, looks like you win this time, Yae...

TO BE CONTINUED