The Connection be Real

Chapter II: Reborn an Undefeatable Monster

You knew where were you the moment you opened your eyes finding yourself in the middle of the field filled with yet another flower type that you don't recognize. The night sky was filled with weird shapes instead of the stars with the moon was a gradient from purple to pink. This was a part where you will find another you coming after you to kill you. It's the same dream, after all, the moment you heard the sound of footsteps behind you. You already accepted the fate and just want to wake up now. Wondering what sort of death will you received.

That was before you heard an unfamiliar noise of something twinkling. You felt a poke on your face before you saw those blueberry eyes. "Here I thought I found a dead body." He commented but you were confused. This wasn't how it supposes to go. He sat next to you before looking at the sky. "The sky now is black... How strange." He looked at the sky as you frowned.

"Wait no, what are you doing here?" You asked him but you forget that this was supposed to be a dream so of course, the answer is going to be something that not even you could expect.

"Don't know. I don't even know where am I." He sounded... calm. There's not a single pretentious, haughty, demanding brat tone that he would talk to you. He picked one of the flowers and just stared at it.

Strangely his presence made you feel at ease. And forget about your nightmare at the moment. "You are in my nightmare. Or what it was supposed to be." You didn't even know why would you tell him that. This was supposed to be a dream. It's not like the real him would know about it later. He turned to you before throwing the flower to you.

"No wonder it's dark here. You wouldn't even enjoy the sun now, would you?" You removed the flower on your face and there you saw he held out his hand as if there would be a creature landed on his hand. Immediately there was a crystalfly reside on his hand. "You love your crystalflies, though... How mundane." He said which immediately made you sit up before you saw a bunch of crystalflies flying around.

You were in awe, for the first time, the place looked really... beautiful than a living nightmare. "I... Never seen this up close before. I only manage to see it outside a window or by pictures." He looked at you in disbelief.

"You never seen a crystalfly up close?" He asked as you shook his head as he scoffed. "Did you live under a rock?" You shook your head before hugging your knees while enjoying the sight of the field being lit up for the first time.

"I was trapped under a rock for my entire life for who knows how many centuries. Living as a vampire isn't easy. I still had to hide about it until well, when the Tsaritsa accepted me and had not villainize me..." You suddenly get a flashback of your whole family being executed in front of you while you could only watch them burn away. He just stared at you for a moment before putting the crystalfly on his hand on your head which made you looked at him.

He said something to you but it wasn't clear before you saw him smiled which somewhat make you feel special before you opened your eyes immediately, greeted by a big hat on your head and a weight on your shoulder, seeing him sleeping on your shoulder. You stared at him for few seconds, wondering if it was another dream before you poke his cheek because you couldn't physically touch someone in your dream before, even if you tried to. It was as if they had an invisible barrier.

The moment you felt how soft his cheek was, you could already confirm that this was not a dream. You looked outside the window which surprised you to see the night sky and Liyue architecture already. "Woah, here I thought it will be 5 days to get here. I wonder what they feed their horses to go quick." You heard a grunt next to you which made you look at him. "Had a good sleep, My Lord?" You asked as he just looked blank before snatching the hat from you.

You murmured rude underneath your breath before the driver decided to drop you two off at the entrance of Liyue. You two get off and watched him set off back to Snezhnaya or somewhere and the horses galloped so fast compared to the usual one. You heard a finger snap as you immediately followed Scaramouche going somewhere.

Since this is was the first time you had been somewhere else than being in Snezhnaya, you were acting like a kid and looked around Liyue. The vibe here was so different from Snezhnaya. It was as if it tell you that this place had a very rich culture and history. Scaramouche was, of course, annoyed by you kept wandering around like a kid before he grabbed your shirt. "Stop. Wandering. Around." He looked like he's going to throw his fist at you as you sighed.

"Honestly, it's not every day I get to go other places." You huffed as he just sighed.

"It is now so stop it. You are acting like a kid. We need to inform the Northland Bank to book us for a ship to go to Inazuma." He said as you pouted and crossed your arms, disappointed that you can't go sightseeing. He noticed this expression of yours before he just gave a deadly smile with the sound of electricity on his hand. "Do you have any complaints?" He asked which made you flinched as you sighed.

"Fine... You are boring." He ignored your unnecessary comment before he led you to Northland.

______________________________________________

"We'll arrange on that matter and get the earliest boat to get you to Inazuma tomorrow, my Lord. And this is your monthly paycheck and as for sir Luka, here is your allowance that is given by the Tsaritsa." The lady handed you two a bag of mora. Compared to Scaramouche, yours were relatively small yet the amount is enough to keep you going for three months at the very least. You were still a bit shocked by the amount of Mora you received but Scaramouche doesn't seem interested in Mora at the very least.

You could hear him clicked his tongue before he dragged you along with him. "Come on, let's go. There's no point standing here." He stated as you just sighed as you guys exited the place. You really want to explore Liyue more but well, knowing him he probably be against- "You said this is your first time being other places, right? Only this once, I let you wander around."

It... Wait what?! You looked at him in disbelief. "Wait- really? You going to let me go on sightseeing?" You questioned as he frowned.

"Are you deaf? I said you can but not too long. In fact, I'll tell you a bit what I know about this place based on that ginger killing machine told me." Your face immediately lit up when you hear him said that as you took his hand which surprised him.

"Then! Let's go!" You said with a smile which made Scaramouche felt a strange sense of tingly feeling in his heart. As you dragged him and run around the whole places with a smile, casually touching him, talking over him which would make him despise you but there's no sense of hatred at all. He wondered if this was the Tsaritsa's doing, making him feeling all weird when he's around you.

After all, the closest thing he knew about love are a desire for things or people to stay eternal and unchanging without losing a single thing while at it and things that would be used as a mask to trick the other party for the sake of getting their hand on something.

Was it only feeling of lust that suddenly, you looked really good, with your hair shining underneath the light while your eyes perfectly sparkle as you looked around like a curious child? Or was it love because of that one dream that he had with you being in it, while being surrounded by a flower breed that he had not seen before and how fragile you looked when he first saw you?

He doesn't know but he somehow wanted this to go on for a long, long time.

TO BE CONTINUED