C H A P T E R 4

Diver down

As Callie and Rafe ran towards the Boneyard, the screams only got louder. They reached the crowd of people and got closer.

Callie looked at the scene happening, and she all of sudden couldn't breathe anymore. Topper was drowning her friend, and she felt tears falling down her cheeks.

"John B don't make me drown you like your old man," he yelled, as Callie got closer from Rafe.

"Do something Rafe, please," she panicked as he looked at her.

"Ok, stay here it'll be fine baby," he said, but she grabbed his arm before he left as she noticed JJ had taken the gun and was walking determined towards Topper.

Rafe came back to her and look at her with a concerned look. "What is it?"

"Rafe has a gun," she whispered at him, eying JJ. She held even more onto her boyfriend as if he was the only person she trusted right now.

She looked at JJ pulling the gun on Toppers head, and started breathing heavily.

"It's gonna be fine," he tried to reassure her, squeezing her against his chest. "I'm here he won't hurt you my love"

"Yeah you know what that is," the blonde Pogue spoke, looking down at Topper.

"JJ's got a gun!" Sarah yelled "He's got a gun!"

"Don't move broski"

"Kie? come check your psycho friend please," Sarah yelled, which only caused everyone to look at her.

"JJ put the gun down," she shouted again but Callie's anger only grew.

"Or maybe tell your asshole of a boyfriend to stop drowning my best friend," Callie yelled even louder, and Sarah looked at her with pain in the eyes.

JJ kept the gun on Toppers head, ready to shoot. Pope started to freak out, so did Kie, as nothing happened. John B was still underwater, Topper still holding him.

Callie started to cry, held by her boyfriend but it wasn't much support when you're watching your best friend dying.

Suddenly, Topper got up, John B breathed again, his face resurfacing.

"All right, all right," Topper reassured.

Callie got out of Rafe's arms and ran at John B, as Topper and JJ were both walking away.

"Ok everyone listen up," JJ yelled, scaring everyone. "Get the hell out of our side of the island," he shot two times in the air, causing more running and more screams.

Kie and Pope ran at JJ to tell him how dumb he was and let him know this was far from the best idea he's ever had.

Callie got down on her knees and held John B, as he was hardly breathing. "John B stay with me," he fainted in her arms as she sobbed.

"Guys help," she yelled but there was too much noise and screams around her for anyone to hear.

She kept the boy in her arms and shook his face a little. "John B please," she cried. "Don't give up on us," she whispered, as she thought it was too late.

But as fast as she started taking his pulse, panicking more, he breathed again and spatted out water.

She steadied him and dried up her tears. "John B, oh gosh you're fine," she held him tighter against her as he started to breathe more normally.

They stayed here, laying on the wet sand, their feet and knees in the water, for a little while. She helped him breathing for a few seconds.

He looked at her, still out of breath. "Cal, I saw him"