C H A P T E R 11

SIBLINGS

JJ was behind the wheel, pretending he was Jack Sparrow while the other boys where slowly dragging the drone down into the ocean.

"Roger that, X marks the spot"

Pope and John B got behind the screen, looking at the live transmission the drone was giving. Meanwhile, both of the girls were taking care that the drone was sinking down fast enough, Callie marking with JJ's knife on the boat every 100 feet.

"One hundred feet," yelled Kiara as Callie marked the boat with a line.

"Alright"

"Oh!" Pope left out a surprised squeal looking at the screen, causing everyone to look at him and Callie to almost drop the knife in the water, and she faced JJ's dark gaze.

"What? what? what?" John B focused on the screen.

"Uh nothing I just thought it w-"

"Damn Pope don't do that to us," Callie complained as John B and Kiara rolled eyes.

"Alright let's go"

They all kept focusing on their positions and tasks, carefully. "Nine hundred!" yelled Kiara.

"JJ, the storm!" Callie yelled as the sky was becoming more and more grey, the thunder starting to rumble far away.

"I can't do anything about the storm Cal!"

"Nine twenty!" Kie kept yelling.

JJ steadied the boat's position as much as he could, the wind and the huge waves not helping him. "Sanders come help me," he asked and she got up.

"Help me get back on track, one, two and three," he placed himself behind her and they both pushed the wheel as much as they could.

"Good job," Pope yelled at them.

"What do you got Pope, what do you see?"

"Nothing. A whole lot of nothing" he focused on the screen.

"Damn it!"

"Come on! We should be just right above it!" Callie said as she kept helping JJ with her small and not very strong arms. But apparently they were enough.

"I'm at the bottom!" Pope repeated twice, excited.

"Steady here guys! quarter speed all right," John B looked at the plan and the screen.

"Okay ready princess? one, two and three," JJ and Callie both pushed as much as they could and turned the wheel to the right.

"Pope? see something?" Callie yelled for he voice to be heard even though the wind was blowing a lot. "I huh-"

"Wait" John B cut him off and started smiling as if they had made it. "What? what do you see?"

He stayed silent, maybe for a few seconds but it seemed like ages to everyone else.

"The royal merchant," John B said softly, and no one could believe it.

They had made it, finally.

Callie shared an eye contact with John B, because they both knew Big John would've been proud, and she gave JJ a big hug. "Do you realise it JJ?"

He laughed and nodded. "Yes I do b-"

"Guys," Kiara cut them off, as they were celebrating too fast. "Come here, look," the three others looked extremely confused.

The pair walked to the screen and they both focused on it too. The void. Yes there was the wreck, they could see the massive Merchant, but nothing like gold.